No. Matter of fact I don't think the govt has the right to tell me how to live my life or raise my kids. Have you met the kids out there today??? Yikes. No decency and no respect.

Best Answer

Hell no, cuz that's the reason why kids run wild cuz their parents r afraid to put foots in *****! Yeah things can be done without violence, but some people only speak sign language. (They talk with their hands)

Best Answer

There is smacking and beating. I am all for children to have the right not to experience either. Violence is wrong.

Best Answer

Obviously I just meant the odd smack not all the time, and hopefully the child will learn.

Best Answer

Again, I don't believe in the odd smack. It takes more time and effort to discipline a child without resorting to physical punishment. I have two children myself and never smacked them. I was smacked/beaten as a child not only did I not like it, I feel it made me a weaker person long term.

Best Answer

I grew up in a rough area where the kids didn't have discipline from their elders. Unfornately thats the only way most of the kids would listen. I don't approve or mean beating

Best Answer

Sadly it happens, I just don't think it is right. They go on to express their emotions through violence and the circle continues.

Best Answer

Goes to show you what kind of messed up world we live in when parents have to be told NOT to smack their kids

Best Answer

A little smack on the bum is okay.<br />
If were talking about beating then that's a different story. The Government has every right to step in.

Best Answer

You registered your child at birth its called a birth certificate which makes your child a Corporation.

That Corporation now becomes owned by the State.

They just leave them with thier natural parents because makes life easier.

If your deviate from the guildlines thay will ****** them back, they have that power and you empowered them.

Best Answer

if it's disciplinary, it is a proven effective method. if it is the action of abuse, then it is unacceptable and should be punished. My opinions on government tend to favor the style of an Isocracy, with some differences. I myself wouldn't 'smack' my children though. I would however, dish out spankings.

Best Answer

Those parents who use extension cords, restraints, confinement, starvation, etc. as means to "discipline" children, may've made it necessary for the government to get involved. I don't consider a smack on the tush abusive, personally, but because there are people who go so much beyond that, for the protection of children in general, good parents have to deal with some inconvenience.

Best Answer

my father told me years ago... the government was out of control..or should i say... in control... when they made it a law that he had to wear his seatbelt... it was only the beginning of the control that government was going to do... not try... has done.

Best Answer

If someone doesn't have the good sense not to beat their kids silly, or use wooden spoons, hairbrushes, hot sauce, etc., then I suppose yes.

Best Answer

I agree with your point about good sense

Best Answer

Oh but of course. What time to brush ones teeth as well

Best Answer