havingfuninthesun havingfuninthesun 36-40, M 9 Answers Nov 14, 2012 in Community

I laugh at the thought. You do know that every flipping thing in a normal super market is already genetically modified, right? The reason so many Asians and Europeans still exist is because of genetically modified food. Sure, they can add all the labels they want. It won't change a thing.

Best Answer

It's scary. And yes, sadly most things in normal stores are heavily processed. The hormones in meats alone is scary.

Best Answer

Those are not the same things, though. If we want to cut out the GMOs, we better be willing to sacrifice half of Europe and three-quarters of Asia. No other way to grow enough food.

Best Answer

Processed foods and "the hormones in meats" have nothing to do with GMOs whatsoever.

Best Answer

...yes, that's not going to happen. I would just want to know if I'm eating foods that have been genetically modified. I can make the choice whether I want to eat them or not, but I feel I have the right to know. Let the people make the choice whether they want to buy them or not.

Best Answer

yep, I know...I just mentioned it in a an overall 'scary' view of our foods

Best Answer

Unless you purchase foods grown from heirloom strains (and even then, they are genetically modified), you are eating GMOs. Don't need a label to know that.

Best Answer

Gotta say there is no better tomato in the world than one from an ancient line that just can not be mass grown, and so, can not be a modern GMO. OMG, they are good. Those ugly German varieties are the best. Big enough to make a sandwich with, and made out of 100% heaven. They are worth the unholy price I pay to get them.

Best Answer

I hear what you're saying, but after seeing Food Inc...that was disturbing. There are certain liberties when taken to the extreme, I would like to be made aware of.

Best Answer

I totally agree, they are insanely good...and it is an exorbitant price, but well worth it. At the Farmer's Market I go to, they have a good variety...so full of flavor!

Best Answer

I hear you loud and clear. It can be pretty scary how meat is grown and food is processed. Such are the consequences of being so good at all this technology. I just don't think they realized, through all those years, that this is where we would be. They were so concerned with blights and famines... I still am.

Best Answer

Muy excelente.

Best Answer

I think legislation that they should have to tell us what is actually in the food we consume .....in general, would be better.

Best Answer

I think the government(that's us, the people) should require the manufacturers to label GMO foods.

Best Answer

Me too, it's crazy not to know the alterations done to food. I was happy to see we got rid of that ammonia meat before it was ever sold.

Best Answer

No.

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer

What the heck is GMO foods?

Best Answer
Best Answer

No. We are in the dark with everything else that happens on this planet, we may as well not even know what the eff we're eating. We're all just ants on a farm.

Best Answer