Yes, yes, and yes. I have been watching the entire trial and she has hooked herself up with the prosecution and the Scheme team. She is downright rude when she speaks to the defense attorneys and she is extremely bias. Mr. Zimmerman is not getting a fair trial under our judicial system. She needs to be removed and a mistrial declared.

Best Answer

Extremely biased indeed!<br />
Zimmerman is def guilty in her eyes. Her mind is already set and she'll manage to have the jury come back with a "guilty on all"<br />
Judge Nelson has overruled 99% of the defense's ob<x>jection which is pretty awkward.. <br />
I can see this coming and I believe so does Omara

Best Answer

I saw her bias when she was helping Deedee Jeantel read and translate her answers...she's a ****!
No REAL judge would've let that sow get away with that disrespect!

Best Answer

She is extremely biased.. She won't even permit the defense to have a sidebar when they ask to approach the bench, but every thing the prosecution does is A ok with her! BS!

Best Answer

YEEEES!!! She has done the defense a horrible wrong by making their "character" evidence of Martin inadmissible.<br />
She's awful and should be recused.

Best Answer

She is extremely biased. I cannot believe that they don't take her off the bench. She is on the prosecution side, its sooo obvious. What the heck is wrong with our legal system!? Betw een the jury being ALL women and most of them mothers and the judge being a woman GZ does not have a chance.! Can't the defense get her replaced somehow??? She is always arguing with the defense. I'm watching it now and she is so argumentative ..Very frustrating for me as a viewer. Please defense get her off the bench !

Best Answer

Yes, I believe Judge Nelson is extremely biased. Much like most judges who were "promoted" from being prosecutors to judges, she tends to favor the prosecution (which is namely her previous colleagues and coworkers). <br />
This is the case with most "upped" prosecutors. If you take a look at her rulings, about 90% of them are in favor of the prosecution. she just ruled ONCE for the defense, if I recall correctly. And guess what - she later on changed that ruling. <br />
THE ONE TIME she ruled in FAVOR of the defense was when she allowed evidence from the Trayvon's past to be admitted.. only to change her mind a few months later (about a couple of weeks ago) and prohibit those very same discoveries during the opening. <br />
She not only is very biased, but also in a subtle way. She did not reject defense's chance at presenting Trayvon's past in pre-trial motions. Why? because the defense would get the opportunity to appeal. Instead, she just delayed them. However, once the trial begins - it would be extremely hard to appeal decision during trials. Only major cases such as O J Simpson vs. State of California or other long-drawn cases would give the defense the opportunity to appeal DURING trial. <br />
GZ won't get fair legal decisions. Who knows about the jury

Best Answer

After the defense closed it's case she changed the rules and now says the jury can consider a lesser charge if they can't agree on murder 2. She really wants to convict Zimmerman of something even if it isn't supported by the evidence.

Best Answer

I agree! She is awful!! It is so hard to listen to her because she doesn't even TRY to be impartial. She is sooo rude!!

Best Answer

Judge Nelson seems to think that she is the jury. She should take a look in the mirror if she wants to see an inept judge.

Best Answer

That's like asking if I think water is wet. The political pressure and racist leanings of the likes of Al Sharpton has caused a man, acting within his legal rites of self-defense, to now have to defend himself against charges of 2nd degree murder, and, in the 11th hour, also witness this biased judge giving the jurors a way to compromise without the jurors ever knowing the ramifications of their verdict should it be manslaughter. I don't usually post comments on blogs but I'm so incensed over the way this judge and the "authorities" are attempting to railroad this defendant. This whole trial is not about Zimmerman but rather, the liberal left attempt to change Florida's law regarding concealed weapons without having to be a resident of this state. The prosecutions' case reeks of bias. They make an issue of Zimmerman's "taking a course" as if he intended to "lure" Martin to his death. They don't even know that EVERY PERSON who requests a permit to carry a weapon in Florida, MUST TAKE THAT SAME COURSE.

Best Answer

Absolutely she is biased. Whether Mr. West's feeble attempt at an opening statement joke set her off, or there is pressure from the current administration who would have a "son that would look like Trayvon", there is obvious bias. I have never been so angry at the media slant on this trial. Stop saying that Trayvon was just a kid with skittles and realize it was night, dark, Trayvon was 6'3" and wearing a hoodie! He was taller than Zimmerman. How the heck would he know it was a kid? AND stop showing all the younger pictures of Trayvon...what a total sham.

Best Answer

If I did not know better I would think that she is being bribed by the prosecution

Best Answer

"Creepy *** cracker" isn't a racist comment?????????? Go to cartridgesuperstore (dot com) and save an extra 10% off your order of ink and toner....just say "Debra Nelson's an old bag" and we will give you an additional 10% off your order! Save BIG on your printer ink!!!

Best Answer

This morning and yesterday I can see how this Zimmerman judge is biased and is pro-prosecution.<br />
It's not fair for Zimmerman who in all evidence was only defending himself from great bodily harm and even death.<br />
She needs to be fired! Fire Circuit Judge Debra Nelson!

Best Answer

Yes she is & doesn't even try to hide it. She is a terrible example of what a judge should be. She has not allowed certain evidence of character & possible key witness. Most of which are for the defense. This case has become so politicized, if Zimmerman is found innocent there will be riots in the street. I, as an American, am so sick of our justice system. The more I see the less I want to look. I hope the jury will see through this pc bs.

Best Answer

The judge is so biased I cannot believe she is siding the state. Why is she not admonishing the start witness when she is answering questions answers in such insane and rude manner? She is instead admonishing the defense for asking pointed questions

Best Answer

I suggest to you that those so called anonymous witnesses are liars. The judge made the right call.

Best Answer

What proof do you have that Those witnesses are liars? They would still be testifying under oath and subject to a perjury charge if they lied.

Best Answer