KillerLegacy KillerLegacy 18-21, M 21 Answers Mar 18 in Politics

no we did it when Bush made war with a sovereign nation

Best Answer

No,

Best Answer

i think Putin has played an old-school game very deftly, and i think Russia has some claim to Crimea anyway - Nato has been snapping up the old Soviet sattelities for a while so Putin is a hero at home - Russians are a very proud people - but anyone has the right to question - i don't like Putin and he think he's a caveman with an inferiority complex, albeit a brilliant one - i feel sorry for the threat to Ukraine itself, which this is about as much as anything else - civil or guerrilla war is a real possibility if Russia grows drunk upon its present success

Best Answer

and invades Ukraine proper

Best Answer

Bu Crimea was once apart of the Soviet Union. It was given as a good will gesture by the Soviets. I may not agree with Putins actions, but I strongly feel that the US is out of line in this. The EU should take a stand if anything, than again only the White House can stand up to the Kremlin.

Best Answer

They voted to join Russia Maybe Texas who hates our nation will vote to go to Mexico

Best Answer

I doubt the Republicans in Texas would allow that ever !

Best Answer

This is not the same as Hitlers actions. Suppose the United States wanted to officially make Puerto Rico a state. What role do you suppose Russia would have in that? We are not obligated to win everyone's revolution for them. I'm sorry, but the people of Ukraine need to make their position very clear to the rest of the world, if they want NATO to come to their rescue. Obama is embarrassing us with his silly sanctions, and Putin is pulling America's teeth.

Best Answer

NATO ?? American is the leading figure in NATO. The expansion of NATO eastward hasn't please Putin in the least. These actions maybe why the Kremlin used the crisis in Ukraine as a forefront to take over Crimea.

I don't think Russia would have questioned the US if they were to make Puerto Rico a state. They don't care what the White house does as long as it doesn't interfere with Russian interests.

Best Answer

Well I could be mistaken, but before Russia intervene that entire region was going "Super Nova." Once Russia stepped in things seem to calm down. I'm wondering how many lives have been saved by their intervention. On the other hand, the politics of how they did it sure was sleezy. And that's what I think needs to be questioned. I sure wouldn't want a super power annexing Mexico for their own good.

Best Answer

Russian's were just exerting their dominance in the region. And yes the politics around it were questionable, but isn't the whole political system in Russia questionable too.

And the US invades many old allies so I wouldn't count that possibility out.

Best Answer

Certainly, we can question it. The important question involves whether we have the right or duty to do anything in the matter. The answer to that question is a resounding "NO!!".

Best Answer

But the US is doing something about it. Sanctioning, travel bans and freezing assets of Russian and Crimean nationals. Even the deputy prime minister of Russia. Tell me that isn't taking action...lets just hope the Russia don't raise oil prices for the EU or cut supplies.

Best Answer

If were contractually obliged to do so, yes...thanks NATO, writing checks we cant cash since after WW2

Best Answer

On a separate matter. I believe the crucial expansion of NATO eastward and also the invitation to Ukraine to join may have been deciding factors for the Kremlin.

Best Answer

Perhaps, i mean i dont blame Putin, some egotistical nation(s) (the US mainly) spreading borders to his backyard, i think he just had the balls to call our bluff, even if he did apparently fold lol

Best Answer

Putin really knows how to test the White Houses patience. The nerve on that guy lol. It's fair to say he acted on instinct and didn't come out the loser. And with the EU and the US planning in sanctioning Russia, now Russia can deliberately raise the oil prices or even cut supplies to the EU which would be absolute pandemonium.

Best Answer

Haha true, he's a proud dude for sure, idk man, i mean im no college major, but i tend to think the whole petroleum thing is a red herring, for the US anyway; petrol in the EU is already sky high and yeah, that would be a HUGE hit for them, but i think we have more reserves in here and Canada than they let on. And worse comes to worse, maybe we could be the new exporter to the EU, we do love makin that money lol I think Putin is too worried about the potential isolation, but like i said, im just kinda goin on what i see in the news from time to time, im not very well informed on the issue lol

Best Answer

Even if unites states has the right thay will never do that its like a risky u know <br />
seema like thay are scare of the russian and trust me if there will be world fourth wor it will be between russia and usa and russia and america will be very Easy prey for the russian

Best Answer

Lets hope it doesn't come to that.

Best Answer

It's not right what Russia is doing to Ukraine but at the end of the day America and Russia all have hidden agenda's, remember who started this whole mess in the first place now it wants to help.

Best Answer

It all started out as a "Proxy War" between the US & Russia but desperate times call for desperate measures. So Crimea was invaded and taken under control by the Russian Federation.

Best Answer

Question yes. Act, no. Not unless the Ukraine asks us to.

Best Answer

The US has invaded a few of them itself, so...it should be an expert on this.

Best Answer

Exactly. The US has to be held accountable for their unjust invasion in the past, if we ever expect Russia to be held accountable. Like the 2003 invasion of Iraq for example. Where were the "WMD" the Bush Administration stressed on.

Best Answer

It can question all it wants but at the end of the day Putin will tell obama to go back and sit down Boy like he has in the past!

Best Answer

Putin feels that the US isn't question for it foreign military actions so why should the Kremlin be question.

Best Answer

Yeah the US hasn't annexed anywhere in recent history. The Russians say that the US et al intervene in various countries, this is true, but we never annex them to our territory. That's the crucial difference.

Best Answer

Yea just establish corporate bases and take holding on vital resources.

Best Answer

Question? Of course. All nations should.

Best Answer