mistap mistap 36-40, M 13 Answers Nov 21, 2012 in Community

Brits, Aussies, Kiwis I've met since my Navy days (1962-66) until today, have been good mates. Special shout out to the vet sailors on the old HMS Hermes12, the Brits I met in Singapore and in Hong Kong.

Best Answer

Only with ignorant types on either side. I love Brits and want to share a biscuit after we pop the bonnet and fix my motorcar with its spanking steering wheel on the right...

Best Answer

No...compared to other non English speaking countries we are very similar. I'm married to a Brit!

Best Answer

There are distinct cultural differences and differing ideals and pastimes. The people ate slightly different. But honestly we are both human so we have a lot in common.

I personally am American and love Brits and others from foreign countries. They fascinate me and their culture is so inspiring. I wish us Americans had more of a love for culture and family as other countries. We seem to lack some grace and honor.

Plus I find Brits just down right sexy.

Best Answer

I'm guessing you read my question.....

jeez!

I love the Brits....but a lot of animosity there...

Best Answer

Good observation !!! for a yank lol !

Best Answer

lol, I've already pasted that question to my brit EP friends....it's a frick'n firestorm i started! lol
can't we all just get along!!!!

Best Answer

We can , I love you guys over there !

Best Answer

Not really, I'm in the UK right now and I don't feel a divide, although I do notice a lot of cultural differences.

Best Answer

Giant pond for one

Best Answer

The Atlantic.

Best Answer

Often times people equate US politics with the people of the US. For the most part Americans are just simple people trying to survive in a country in which they are just as umempowered to control US policy and politics as anyone else in the world.

Of course there are many cultural differences that make the two entities view each other in a negative light. But there are always going to cultural differences between any two cultures. Maybe a lot of us just have a need to fix other cultures when we see flaws in that culture. We have a harder time seeing our own flaws and if someone points them out we defend those things as part of our culture and heritage.

Best Answer

Yeah, it's called THE OCEAN.

Best Answer

Its that strange relationship i think, were you get along just because you have to because some others like the person, but really, you just want to, nuke them.. in a loving way

Best Answer

Are you for real ???? get a grip

Best Answer

I have a grip, you get a sense of humour

Best Answer

Ok I`ll shut up ... nuke me !

Best Answer