I do. The African Americans I know don't really like black people, because they say most of them give African Americans a bad name.
numbduck numbduck 18-21, M 17 Answers Jan 17 in Community

Uhh... Not all black people are from africa and they definitely aren't all American

Best Answer

Numduck. I've read your post and your responses to others. I can't help but think wtf is this mf talking about!! You don't sound very intelligent at all. So you say that you have "African American friends" claps for you.. and that these "friends" say that "blacks" give them a bad name hmm ok. That's a very broad generalization and I am very offended by this as I am sure others are. Ppl like you and your "friends" are the reason stereotypes exists.... So thank you ;) your an idiot

Best Answer

Most Americans that happen to be black don't actually know if they have African lineage or lineage from somewhere else. The whole self righteous thing just makes me roll my eyes.

Best Answer

Never thought of it like that.

Best Answer

I have a bit of a second family, who came to America from Eritrea. They used to not like white people, but I was fortunate enough to gain their love. And there was something about a murder spree in our local area, right next to their home, a whole family was murdered by a black man. Who proceeded to take more hostages and kill more people before eventually killing himself. And Mama was all worked up about it, saying how black people give Africans a bad rep, and that she doesn't associate with the term black because of things like that.

Best Answer

I get it now. So, there's a difference between being just black and being African American and depending on the individual you will refer to him/her as how she likes to be referred to as. Hmmmm..

Best Answer

Dude, the only difference is a dose of politically correctness. Blacks, Negroes, African Americans -- all the same.

Best Answer

Dude, it isn't the same.

Best Answer

African-Americans from the Africa, African-American's from Nigeria, or African Americans, African-Americans from the U.S. What kind of black are we talking about here?

Best Answer

African Americans refer specifically to the blacks and their descendants from Africa that traveled to America during the slave trade. Black race can refer to them, Caribbeans, etc, basically black-skinned people.

Best Answer

black is black.

Best Answer

But being black doesn't make you African American.

Best Answer

And being African American doesn't make you black.

Best Answer

Obviously.

Best Answer

what's your point?

Best Answer

That there is a difference.

Best Answer

not really.

Best Answer

I'm not surprised you think that way, given your initial response.

Best Answer

So tell me. What is the difference?

Best Answer

African Americans come from Africa, and move to America.

Best Answer

Black people can be born in America. But they aren't African American. They are just American.

Best Answer

Black Africans and black Americans are still black.

Best Answer

It's okay, we don't have to agree. You don't think there is a difference, but I do. And I'm fine with just leaving it at that.

Best Answer

I'm just racially colorblind and don't get the question.

Best Answer

What about it `witman`!

Best Answer

Same thing . African American is a more formal name. The blacks I know, and I know many, never refer to themselves as African American, they prefer to be called black.

Best Answer

The African people I know do not appreciate being called black. The black people I know do not appreciate being called African.

Best Answer

You said African American, not African. Africans are African and American Blacks are American Blacks.
I know many African people, born and raised in Africa and they are the nicest people you would ever want to meet. Extremely spiritual and intelligent. So if American blacks don't wish to associate with them or be called African American I'm sure it is no skin of the real African's noses.

Best Answer

You got me, let me revise that then. The black people I know don't want to be called African American.

Best Answer

I agree with you that the African people and their culture is quite splendid.

Best Answer

That's what I've been told by my black friends.

Best Answer

Do you think if a black person is born in America that they are African American? Because I just think they are American.

Best Answer

I'm Italian,Polish,Greek,Albanian and Irish American. All this signifies is your ancestral home plus your nationality. Some blacks say their ancestral home was not Africa but some other place and therefore they are not African. They are American by virtue of being born on the American Continent.

Best Answer

So, whenever you fill out a form asking for your nationality, what do you put down?

Best Answer

Yep My black friends tell everyone "they love black people but they cant stand n******!

Best Answer

YES! Finally someone who understands haha. The African Americans I know always tell me how the black people give them a bad name, and make everyone else judge them.

Best Answer

LOL FINALLY HAHA

Best Answer

HahahahaHAHAHAHAHAH

Best Answer

It's ignorant to call someone black African-American, as not all blacks came from, or come from, Africa.

Best Answer

Well there are plenty of african americans who are white and there are plenty of blacks who are not african americans.

Best Answer

We are thinking along the same line.

Best Answer

It's a culture thing.

Best Answer

What kind of black is the "Blacks"?

Best Answer

I think so too.

Best Answer

Not all of them are African American, they didn't come from Africa. The ones that didn't are just Americans to me, or English if they are from England, and so on.

Best Answer