Mrsvalkyrie Mrsvalkyrie 51-55, F 8 Answers May 1, 2012

You were dead the minute you slapped the mag in and jumped out.

Best Answer

Grin - there are hypocrites everywhere. What you're talking about is the hypocrite who is an atheist until imminent death approaches, then suddenly "comes to Jesus" or whatever...although, I have seen a few folks, in near death situations, who claim it is ingrained habit - i.e., a guy I was with, former altarboy - he professed to be an atheist, but ...we're in a tight spot hiding, outnumbered, and I had to tell him to shut up, because he was reciting the Lord's Prayer. Later, He apologized for panicking, and I gently teased him about being an atheist, but reverting under pressure. He was trying hard not to panic...not breaking cover and keeping silent is what kept us alive that night...although I won't ever discount Prayer, just in case.<br />
That is one of the things that pains me about Christian Theology - this idea that you can live a life of outright evil, then repent at the last moment, and if you die in a "state of grace", you're cool, it's the "get out of jail free" card.<br />
Yeah...right.<br />
Now me, I was busy re-evaluating the tactical situation and trying to figure out how to kill many as possible for my Death Guard - I do not know for certain what will happen when I die, but, going to the Halls of Feasting, to sit with the Maker of All would be good. the Christian Heaven sounds boring - and the Islamics - 72 wives? - are you kidding? - that sounds more like Hell to me. One good woman would be Heaven - one bad one is Hell (been there, done that) and 72 women - just too awful to contemplate.

Best Answer

As a true warrior with a pragmatic outlook,the halls of Valhalla will welcome you i think.not saying"oh god!" Wasn't admitted to in a lot of answers probably..as a true Valkyrie at heart you are the ones i look for..;-))

Best Answer

I'm not Asateru - I think that's how it is spelled - anyway not talking about Valhalla. There is a small Shinto sect - and i will admit - for all that is on the other side of the world, you wonder if some Norseman did wander over to Japan or something? - but, for all of that, I don't worry about the "Oh, God" sort of comment under stress...the original poster was asking about "no atheists in foxholes" - my point is, you believe what you believe - a true believer stays with what they believe in, no matter what.
A poser, on the other hand - shows their true colors under stress.

Best Answer

I was in a fast coming auto crash (45-50 mph) recently. Saw it coming just before it happened. I was an atheist before, and still am after.

Best Answer

Maybe, but death is inevitable, so why bother. What's done is done.

Best Answer

You don't think at all when the balloon goes up. Religious belief is irrelevant, so is about everything else.

Best Answer

That always sounded stupid to me- one has not believed in something their whole life and then at the bitter end-they believe- Like you hated spinach your whole life and want it as a last meal

Best Answer

No time for a meal!

Best Answer