thelonewood thelonewood 26-30 11 Answers Dec 12, 2012 in Community

I have never seen anyone slap a plant, and then notice that the plant doubles up in pain!

Pain requires a nervous system, of which plants have none.

Pain requires a brain that will perceive an injury as pain -- so as to immobilize the injured part or organ. Plants have no such brain.

The closest thing to pain (but still NOT perception of pain) that a living plant has is that each living cell has a difference of electrical charge between different parts of the same living cell. It is between differences in electrical charge that living cells "communicate" between each other is by means of "feedback".

But to repeat, plants do NOT feel pain.

Cheers,

AnonymousButCandid

Best Answer

IDK,about vegetables, but that passion fruit is giving me the eye!

Best Answer

haha

Best Answer

Uncooked they make strange sounds.

Best Answer

No... they have "peelings"

Best Answer

I know that some women like the feeling of vegetables.....but that is not what you're asking is it? Just kidding I don't think so.

Best Answer

Like emotions? IDK,but I watched a science show where a polygraph machine was tried on a houseplant. The reading spiked just before one of them cut a leaf,so evidently they do anticipate and feel pain.

Best Answer

maybe some of them

Best Answer

No because they don't have brains.

Best Answer

I don't know, ask one and find out

Best Answer