mscandyangel mscandyangel 46-50, F 8 Answers Jan 8, 2013 in Community

It might sound silly, but I think it is the way we push evolution forward. Like, we had the desire to fly, travel faster, have a nice anonymous chat (EP)....

Best Answer

I think there is a strong difference between greed and the balance of evolution. We will evolve out of the need for change, but we will not evolve out of greed.

Best Answer

Hmm I definitely would not like to think that I evolve out of greed. However, there must be something pushing me forward... however it may be called... :)

Best Answer

We live in what Buddhists call a "Desire Realm", we want things. It's what makes us be born and die, and causes us to age.

Best Answer

You have struck my intrest "Desire Realm" I will look into this more. Thanks

Best Answer

I think it's a selfish kind of thing. Every human has the plague to contend with and it is both taught and instinctual.

Best Answer

I agree with you and I also think...The need for always having more is a sign of discontent in ones own life. The key to happiness is not wanting more but, excepting what we have and knowing the only thing we should long for is what fulfills the soul and not the mind.

Best Answer

I find happiness is too dependent on others. I have discovered it is senseless to be happy when you know a rapist is at work. Happiness depends on good company so I don't count on happiness anymore. I think self respect is the key. Understand you have full control over who you are and be the best you know how (which ironically leads into a constant loop of learning since there are always things to improve). In the end, you can be satisfied with your choices and understand you are only sad because you care about someone else.

Best Answer

Well said. Happiness begins with inner peace.

Best Answer

It's a learned behavior,spare the rod,spoil the child,they will take it into adulthood.

Best Answer

human trait. Helps to drive the civilization forward. Where would we all be if we were happy with the way things are?

Best Answer