QTB2 QTB2 18-21, F 15 Answers Jan 22, 2013 in Politics

Yes we are free to do what we are told.

Best Answer

No society is a free society. Nothing is free in this human society.

Best Answer

Thanks for BA

Best Answer

So far there's no tax on air. Water you have to buy. Not much free except air and that polluted a lot too!

Best Answer

Not as free as we should be. Too many politicans want to control too much of our lives. From smoking bans, trans fat ban, the size of drinks a business is allowed to sell. Too many rules, mandates, to set up even a small business. Zero tolerence policies in schools is killing the freedom, spirit of the kids. All done for our own good, so they tell us. Also the more taxes we pay, the less we have to do as we want.

Best Answer

Mostly. There's almost nothing I can't do that I would reasonably want to.

Best Answer

sure....try not paying your taxes...see how free you are....

Best Answer

No.

Best Answer

I am free as long as I have my gun, take that away and I will become a slave to the control .............

Best Answer

In a sense I think that we all are bound only to our basic needs. Food, water, shelter, then security, procreation and later morality. Nations and social structures seem like little else than a force to control resources as such if you ask me. In that sense it's just an endless struggle, doesn't seem like much freedom. We're all stuck in the same biological system and linked to social and national ones.<br />
So freedom? No not really, but I can think of a dozen worse alternatives quite easily, this life is rich enough to make it worth pursuing happiness.<br />
Good question by the way, it's a thinker :)

Best Answer

hell no, and we are going in the wrong direction

Best Answer

if you earn 1/2 million and above yes it pretty much is.

Best Answer

Definitely compared to others.

Best Answer

As long as the "others" don't include any other developed first-world nations. Try comparing apples to apples sometime, it makes for a more interesting argument.

Best Answer

No, in fact the U.S. is the least free society among first-world nations.

Best Answer