My mother is 83 and though he body is sound, he mind is completely gone. I know she would prefer to be dead, and honestly, I support that

Best Answer

I know exactly what you are saying. I come away from mothers treatment place, and thinking why do the insist they eat, when they have nothing to live for!

Best Answer

hard, isn't it

Best Answer

I've worked with these people and it's so hard to watch. <br />
I've seen them go from very sharp adults to babies again. One lady I knew who was once a college president said the most profound thing to me once. Let me preface by saying when I met her she was already very much affected by her disease- hardly spoke a word--just nooonooonnooo--like that. One day I saw her staring out the window and said 'what are you looking at Miss Mel?' She looked at me with the clearest ex<x>pression and said-'honey, this is a horrible way to go' I was floored. Medical science needs to back off---these folks don't want this to happen to them. They lose all dignity.

Best Answer

I do think there are times when their mind is clear, and I think that is when it's the saddes. I know that my mother would not want the life she is forced to live now. I know I will miss my mother terrible, but feel that I would be selfish to want her to continue to live the life she has now.

Best Answer

I think your mother has already left you in her way--it's so sad--what's left is old memories and experiences that you can't possibly know about. I've seen people cry about boyfriends that broke their hearts as teenagers. Good luck to you and your Mom--I have a theory that the clear part of their souls sits beside the body and sees and hears all---that's why I've always treated them with the utmost respect--they deserve it.

Best Answer

Many blessing to those that work with Alzheimers patients. I can't even imagine, loving and losing so many!

Best Answer

I have filed an advance directive , a sort of living will specifying that I no longer want to be kept alive by agressive means any more. I livedd thru that once and would rather die than go thru that again.

Best Answer

i hear you, I have a loved one suffering from this condition.<br />
he is very dear to my heart and i love to keep him around for as long as possible.<br />
feed when not hungry? I feed him at least 4 times a day, break., lunch and dinner and snack. And when he doesn't want to eat he'd just turn his head, so he knows that much, or just spit the food back out.<br />
I love you, and i want you around forever muahhh g'pa xxo!

Best Answer

I'm happy for you that you are able to enjoy your time with your loved one. Hopefully when it's time for your loved one to go, that you will give them permission to move on to a better place.

Best Answer

lol not while i'm around, can't bare just the thought of it fark!

Best Answer

Tough question, My mom is in stage three ( in a vegitative state) And i hate to say it but we wait now for her to forget to breathe. It took her dad ( my grandfather) 10 years. What mercy is this to them.

Best Answer

I recently lost my mothers sister to Alzheimers. Her daughter said that she prayed to God to take her home. I feel that she was the lucky one not stuck in this way of life. Since then I have been praying that for my mother, because in my mothers state she is unable. I know that is what she would want!

Best Answer

Years ago my mom made me promise to kill her if she ever got in the shape that she is in now reluctantly i agreed. ( mom could be real persuasive) I know that I can never fulfill my promise to her. Its extremely hard to visit her. There lays the one person that for most of my life was my sounding board for my ideas and plans because she was grounded and always showed common sense. Now she lays there with the mental capacity of a one year old.

Best Answer

Praying for your mom to have peace and move on to a better place!

Best Answer

thank you

Best Answer

It's a tough question. I think there comes a point where it is not fair. I don't think the movie The Notebook did the disease justice in the public's mind. I haven't seen the movie, but I've heard of the general premise. I wish to die young.

Best Answer

The notebook was a bit of a fairy tale.

Best Answer

I think it's cruel to not feed someone. Even if not hungry the body still needs food and water. Even if I was in a poor state of mind, I'd have no desire to die of malnutritiion.

Best Answer

I think the lack of hunger is natures way of bringing natural death, and continuing to feed them prolongs suffering.

Best Answer

Don't eat or drink water for a few days and tell me how much you enjoy it.

Best Answer

Having strangers clean you up after you have pooped in your diaper. Can you imagine how that would feel?

Best Answer