I should clear up that my dad Never palmed me off with others. We have and always have had a good relationship and he is still my best friend today! He gave me what mom never could have! a safe supportive home. I will say My mom is brilliant. I just seem to see men a little different than most women is all. Thank you so much for your points of view. xxx
stormchaser5145 stormchaser5145 36-40, F 7 Answers Oct 20, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

I had a girlfriend that was raised by her dad, my god she was COOL. All of my friends liked her because she could totally hang with the guys and just be almost one of us. She was very feminine but just got men. We're still friends today and what I have noticed, and it may not be an accurate assessment as it may just be her personality, she was very confident with herself and did indeed think like a guy more and I'm sure that it was due to her father being her only parent and role model.

Best Answer

Thank you xx

Best Answer

depends.

Best Answer

On what? xxx

Best Answer

how close the daughter was to her father, if he actually took care of her or just had other people do it for him and if the dad had more masculine or feminine qualities.

Best Answer

I would never say dad was feminine definatley masculine lol. I was never ever palmed off on anyone. I always came first, he always had time for me and my questions xx

Best Answer

then yes. it's possible. I had a lot of men in my family and I think growing up around them has made me understand men better.

Best Answer

Thank you so much for your time, its just something i always wondered but not ever really found another woman raise by there Dad to ask, Have a great day xxx

Best Answer

yes. I do

Best Answer

Thank you xx

Best Answer

I'm not sure if my girls understand men better than most, but I clearly learned a lot about women from my kids!

Best Answer

Very interesting question and responses as well. It can go both ways. We do need more positive male role models in the world. There is definitely a crisis of fatherless children in the world today.<br />
If anyone would like to give Dad a pat on the back send us the positive story of how and what he did for you.<br />
Stories can be sent to info at youdaman.ca.<br />
We believe if we promote the good things men do then the ones who walk away will wake up to their role as a father in a positive way. The children of the world need good role models not the ones who walk away. The deserve it and did not ask to be left alone.

Best Answer

I could not agree more i will send it over in the next few days. My Dad is my ultimate hero. xxx

Best Answer

Yes I agree, they play a huge role in the development of their children!

Best Answer

I will send him a thank you and a t shirt so he can wear it proudly.I look forward to seeing and reading the story.

Best Answer

We would love to hear about how your dad raised you in a positive manner. Send it to info@youdaman.ca

Best Answer

Totally depends on the dad. The only single dads I've known didn't actually spend a lot of time with their kids, because they worked and then spent time with friends on weekends or dated. The single dads I know of usually drop their kids off with their moms (meaning the kids' grandmother). I do admit, however, that I have known very few of them, and they are mostly those who are widowers....most of them don't seem to stay single. <br />
I would think that a girl raised by a single dad might understand men in a certain way that two parent children might not. But again, just what she finds out about them totally depends on the man and how he handles (or doesn't handle) parenthood.

Best Answer

I had not thought of that, mine was a devoted dad, So i was Never palmed off on anyone else. He wanted custody so i had a stable life.. Thank you for thoughts xxx

Best Answer