To a bar? To a party? Would you feel safer if you had greater firepower? bullet-proofing? night-vision and thermal optics? Is this ridiculous yet?
rkitkitavi rkitkitavi 41-45, M 18 Answers Jul 22, 2012

It's a vicious circle of fear and suspicion. I also think the very popular mythology of the struggle between good and evil is messing up young minds.

Best Answer

I don't think shooting young people is best way to wake people up to the reality of evil.

Best Answer

what reality of evil? I was just pointing out how over-simplification leads to demented behaviours.

Best Answer

EW, is it really so hard to figure out that hurting other people and getting hurt by other people are not "good"? Actually, I think complicating things such as "the reality of evil" will lead you to dementia.

Best Answer

Me not stupid, sir. You believe in demons, I don't. :)

Best Answer

Everyone would be safer if they had pirated the movie at home. Hey, are there any politicians fighting internet censorship with this theory?

Best Answer

No. I would only feel safe if I knew there were no guns present at all. If nobody carries a gun, there can never be a shooting.

Best Answer

You're shittin' us, right?

Best Answer

I have talked to a man who was a Montana cowboy in the 19th century, when everyone carried a gun.<br />
He remarked how different his society was from that of the 1960s. He said that in his youth everyone was polite, and gave gave respect to other people. <br />
We are worse than we were in the 1960s. It is time that we tried to polite and respectful to all other people. And we should insist that our politicans do the same, instead of being the bunch of thieves and liars that they are.

Best Answer

it's different these days, but when i was a kid there was no problem with having a gun at at our grade school -- there were woods nearby where squirrels could be gotten for the family supper before starting the walk home. guns were omnipresent -- never heard of anyone shooting anybody -- they were just a tool, like tractors and cars, which did, of course, kill people, even back then. we did have white lightnin' but we didn't use drugs such as are around now. i read that school shooters were all on some sort of mood altering drugs. i wonder if that's so. if it actually is, we need to shine a spotlight on the subject of these presc<x>ription drugs, also.

Best Answer

Drugs mask the epidemic of mental illness sweeping America. The question is: what is causing this epidemic?

Best Answer

am wondering if the cause and the mask are the same -- could that be?

Best Answer

but -- looking at all the stressors faced today --

Best Answer

No, but I'd live safer if not everyone in America was allowed to raise children. I'd also feel a lot more safe if we were more concerned with discouraging criminal activity than we seem to be in supressing homosexuality.

Best Answer

we have laws on the books right now<br />
we have to start to to make others pay for whatthey have done and not reward them<br />
jail need to go back to just that a place where hell lives <br />
if youuse a weapon in a crime you die very simple<br />
if you rape a child you die<br />
if you choose to use drugs and drive or drink and dive the second time you go to an island and live out your life<br />
we have to stop playing games the cost is way to high for all

Best Answer

sadly , that's the way your country is heading.....

Best Answer

I'd feel safer if it were legal to own a nuclear tipped cruise missile and point it at the white house. All the rest are minor details like using a safety belt.

Best Answer

Again....taking away yet another piece of our freedom would not have prevented the shooting. More people die in car accidents everyday. This guy had been planning this for weeks and had explosives at his apt. Why people think a store is the only place someone can purchase a gun is beyond me. This is not the first guy to go postal and I can guarantee within a yr someone else will do the same. There is no law to prevent craziness. And if by some small chance that guy couldn't buy a gun then he would have chose another method for his rampage...like explosives

Best Answer

At least with explosives, he would have needed more training... And this would have exposed him to more people, some of which may have some success in swaying him or exposing him. Or least there's a strong chance he'd blow himself up. Not every teenager or young adult angry at the world becomes an Anders Breivik.

Best Answer

I think this question is kinda mean.

Best Answer

It's there to drive a point.

Best Answer