I'm sure this is beating a dead horse, but I've read the news a lot over the last year and non-stop crimes against children by their parents just pop up left and right like it's normal. A friend said this is all apart of God's plan, but I just can't understand or believe in a plan that makes a mother stab her children 100 times over a man.
dirtydarkness dirtydarkness 26-30, F 10 Answers Nov 1, 2012 in Religion

I have.<br />
That is why I am not religious anymore.

Best Answer

When I look at every awful thing I've seen, it doesn't shake my spirituality. If anything, the evil things in this world spur me to pursue true spirituality more vigorously. I have faith that this is not the only world. The mere fact that evil exists is proof that good also exists. <br />
I won't get to philosophical on you. The short answer is that if there was no devil, no one would seek God.

Best Answer

I try to understand that, but then I think about those kids. Crying for help and no God there to help.

Best Answer

horrible things happen in this world. sometimes theres no explaining it. But god doesn't promise us anything on this world...He only offers us salvation in the next.

Best Answer

That's is a good way to look at it. I'm tryna work on either being fully engrossed in God or completely shunning off the idea. I'm at a fork in the road.

Best Answer

Yes and the idea of karma, however phoney it may sound, is the only way I can rationalize the bad things.

Best Answer

I think it's the people who need to be questioned.

Best Answer

The Bible has prophecies concerning evil in this world and the end times. People say God is cruel because of the flood killing the world's population, but the people of that time were very evil and God could no longer allow it. It getting more like that again and it's not just the events you described but also the sexual immorality. As it was in the days of Noah so shall it be in the end times, the Bible says. Non-believers should be afraid. Satan rules the earth and is busy deceiving people, convincing them that God doesn't exist. He's laughing hard right when he sees those who have joined his forces because if you don't stand with Jesus Christ you stand with Satan. Jesus promised to return and when He does, He will come to defeat Satan and all His forces. It will not be pretty. Choose carefully who you serve and fear greatly if you choose wrong.

Best Answer

Bible prophecies have been 100% accurate.

Best Answer

My own spiritual beliefs have all that stuff covered.

Best Answer

No...my spiritual beliefs tell me that the best I can hope for is to be reasonably happy in this life...But supremely happy in the next....the world is going to hell! it's inevitable...that makes your spiritual life even more important, because the spirit doesn't belong to this world:) So smile and enjoy whats beautiful!

Best Answer

The things of the world do not affect my spiritual beliefs hence they are not called material beliefs.

Best Answer

it is hard,but all must be playing out to the plans.

Best Answer