GeorgiaCoach GeorgiaCoach 56-60, M 11 Answers Feb 9, 2013 in Hobbies

Go broke? This country IS broke, our national debt is INSANE!

Best Answer

It is pretty much a certaintity, its all but mathmatically impossible that the US gets a grip on its debt at this point. Anyone unfamilar with the numbers can go to usdebtclock.org. The revenue from taxes cannot even pay the interest on the debt.

Of course I don't trust politicians, and of course I don't expect the Fedgov to actually start seriously addressing the national debt. Small cuts on the growth of government spending (nevermind real net-decreases in spending) are considered bold and untenable in the cesspit called Washington DC. Democracy in America, and it seems in the rest of the world, is all about socipaths maintaining power by doling out goodies to voters and special interest groups at the expense of the unborn. Why pay for anything? Just write checks and print money, future generations will bear the burden of reality some how. That is the philosphy that is guiding the country, and it hasn't showed any signs of stopping despite how ridiculously unstainable it is. Politicians don't have the incentives to think long term at all.

Best Answer

WILL we go broke?

Best Answer

No, yes

Best Answer

No I do not trust politicians of any political affiliation!

One must ask this question of a politician: What is YOUR specific reason for going into politics? Any other answer besides, "For My Own Personal Gain." is absolutely false!

Best Answer

No, but the alternatives are worse. Would you rather be ruled by priests or generals or criminal gangs?

Best Answer

That is not the only choice is it?

Best Answer

No and yes.

Best Answer

No. and we already are.

Best Answer

Define "broke"

Best Answer

Unable to meet our financial obligations.

Best Answer

By any moral standards we are broke. To answer the question; If someone cries foul about accepting U.S. dollars and anyone else listens........were broke.

Best Answer

No and no.

Best Answer

We are 16 trillion in debt and climbing

Best Answer

You have to look at who the debt is owed to. Its most American citizens and corporations.

Best Answer

Exactly, and when our nation cannot pay its own citizens, what then?

Best Answer

The National Debt has actually been decreasing under Obama. This trend should continue. So, I don't think we will reach that crisis level.

Best Answer