No...though sometimes when I am hurt or really angry, I just CAN'T talk or really just don't want to because I know it will lead to crying or overemotional responses. A few people I have had to deal with have not understood that. Then I was accused of "using the silent treatment". I had to explain that sometimes it is better to just stop talking until I can lose some of the excitability. THEN we can talk.

Best Answer

No. I can't stand that. I think it is immature and makes everything worse.

Best Answer

more like self-preservation!

Best Answer

My lips are sealed....

Best Answer

Never. It's childish and mean.

Best Answer

Er...well it's a bit difficult when using an M16....

Best Answer

I try, but I talk too much, so it doesn't stay silent for long. Usually I just say... OK I accept your apology, so we can move on now. :o)

Best Answer

I don't, it's pretty childish.

Best Answer

I use the silent treatment to sort of reel myself in so I dont say or do anything I will regeret once I have become more rational

Best Answer

I don't but my partner does I think it is so childish.

Best Answer

No- I find that if you are silent people generally shut you out. Squeeky wheel/grease and all that. I may be silent for awhile...but it's only so I don't say some of the nastiness that I am thinking/feeling.

Best Answer

No, just a paddle or my whip but that's not really punishment...

Best Answer

It is a childish form of self-punishment. Utterance is the divine gift for understanding among people.

Best Answer

Yes, so that I a lot time for that person to contemplate his wrong doings it is better than arguing because it can get more complicated or worse violent.

Best Answer

when i was younger, i did that in my relationships. now i only do it with long-term accquaintances. they probably don't even know i'm doing it ;)

Best Answer