KiwiLiv KiwiLiv 18-21, F 8 Answers Nov 2, 2012 in Community

I'm a Red Cross volunteer, a Big Brother with BBBS, and I donate platelets every 2 to 3 weeks for cancer patients. The opportunity to serve others is what truly resonates with me. For me, everything else eventually leads to this path. Namaste

Best Answer

Yep, been doing that a lot lately working off my "community service". Long story, but it started with my reciting the 4'th amendment of the US Constitution to a TSA jerk.

Best Answer

My boss must think so..according to my paycheck :-|

Best Answer

Yes, because that's what my heart asks of me.

Best Answer

I used to volunteer at a petting zoo in this park a few miles from where i used to live. There was a donkey named Salsa and everyday when i went to pick up her crap, she'd come running to me and would rub her head against me like if she was hugging me.. she shed a lot and i always left dirty and full of hair, but it was so worth it, she was soooooo cute... i cried when i heard she died a few weeks after i stopped volunteering :(

Best Answer

I'm about to start, I need high school credits, and a I can get a $1000 scholarship to college if I get enough done.

Best Answer

well thats not a honorable reason would you do it just from your heart and compassion?

Best Answer

I know it's not, and you are 100% correct. And I get really frustrated with myself because credits and college are the only reasons why I'm helping the community. I've tried telling myself that I'm doing it for the better of the world, but I'm really not.
I try hard to help people on EP, though. I try to give them good advice on how to handle their problems, weather it's some random first world problem, someone calling them a name, or they've been beaten since they were three. And I like to think I'm good at giving them advice (not sure if I am though). But honestly, I could never do that in real life, considering I can't talk face to face with people. I freak out and get all shaky. But I can do it fine over the computer, where the worst people can do is caps lock me to death.
I'm trying to help people over the computer I guess. But you are still right, the only reason I'm doing volunteer work is for my own needs.

Best Answer

well im really glad you found a way to help people that is good and very convenient to you too! :)

Best Answer

Maybe, I doubt I'm much a help though. Thanks for understanding though :)

Best Answer

no problem do you and dont let anyone say its worth nothing every little thing matters

Best Answer

I answer many questions to habitual interrogators.

Best Answer

is that volunteering? -.-

Best Answer