I always run up them for some reason. I thought I'd stop doing that when I grew up, but I was wrong.
Hermey Hermey 36-40, M 24 Answers Dec 11, 2012 in Romance & True Love

I earned the nickname: The Roadrunner, because I move very fast. Always take the stairs, and run the empty halls.

Best Answer

that's a good way to be. Keeps your heart happy.

Best Answer

i used to walk aged ??? to five

then i started to enjoy running up them

then at about 59yrs i started to slow down (dicky heart)

now?

well, i kinda stagger, holding on to the handrail

............. but as yet, i have not given in to using the lifts (elevators)

enjoy running whilst you can

feel the tensions in your muscles as they work

enjoy your body.... not look back and wish that you had.

respect, from robbie

Best Answer

thanks for bits of information. I do appreciate my body. And I'm well aware that it won't always be so friendly towards me.

Best Answer

probably be a good friend if you keep it running as long as you can.

Best Answer

I do Neither.

Best Answer

do you 'frolick' up the steps?

Best Answer

No, I'm in a wheelchair, so use a ramp, we don't all walk and run.

Best Answer

sorry to hear this

Best Answer

Ahhh... so stairs are your nemesis then. Or maybe not the stairs themselves, but the idiot building planners who don't make things accessible.

Best Answer

Thank you Ned, but it's just life eh?

Best Answer

People don't think full stop. I went into a shop on Monday, I use it often as it has a ramp for Disabled people, and Mothers with buggies. I couldn't use it when I went to the shop, some "bright spark" decided to line the ramp with boxes of merchandise, so I couldn't fit my chair through, but it was their loss, I wanted to buy a gift for my wife, so they lost £190.

Best Answer

there's an organization that I deal with that offers affordable rehabilitation for those with spinal injuries and paralysis and such. Every year they do a thing where people who don't normally use wheel chairs, spend the day in one. It gives one an entirely new perspective on mobility.

Best Answer

That sounds a good scheme, I think "able bodied" people would be extremely surprised at how quickly the world changes when you're in a wheelchair, I mean , suddenly everyone thinks you're deaf and stupid, some places are out of bounds, because of the state of pavements/sidewalks, and certainly many, many buildings are off limits too, because of lack of ramps. That's fine though, because those business's that don't bother to provide good access to the Disabled, well, they don't get their money through their tills, so their loss.

Best Answer

I just imagine someone chasing me....then that feeling of terror takes over, the adrenaline kicks in, and I just have to run....haha...(that's if I don't trip....)

Best Answer

I am chasing you slow down

Best Answer

ha!! *kicks into overdrive*

Best Answer

Always run up them, will only walk when I'm absolutely knackered after the 50th time running up them...

Best Answer

I run up them. Walking up them makes me tired.

Best Answer

walk as had 6 knee operations

Best Answer

6? Man, we only have two knees.

Best Answer

played hard and suffer now

Best Answer

do you have those metal ball and socket knees now?

Best Answer

yes in left knee plus in my ankle as well broke that in 3 places

Best Answer

how does that ball and socket work? Are you satisfied with it? It's pretty amazing that they can implant something like that in someone..

Best Answer

no ball and socket just screws and plates - lol

Best Answer

Run! 2 steps at a time. Don't know why, but steps and stairs have to be conquered fast and athletically.

Best Answer

glad to see I'm not the only one.

Best Answer

I never thought about it...I run up them (if I'm not in heels) If NO ONE is watching and depending upon what I'm wearing, I may even skip a stair too. :P I can't do it coming down though (the skip the stair thing).

Best Answer

"If NO ONE is watching"... HA!!

Best Answer

Walk up. If I am in a rush, 2-3 at a go. I never run up the stairs though.

Best Answer

Run. Why is this question under Romance and Love?

Best Answer

what would you have filed this question under?

Best Answer

I teleport up them

Best Answer

Run

Best Answer

it's weird.... I can be walking as slow as possible but if I cross up with stairs I will run on it and walk slow when i finish the stairs lol

Best Answer

same here.

Best Answer

I know thats kind of weird but I run sometimes when I go up them. If I am at school we have to walk or we will get in trouble.

Best Answer

I'm the same way, I have to half jog up them, I guess I am afraid of running out of momentum half way up the stairs. That may be why robin likes it there so much.

Best Answer

Run..I feel like something is chasing me up them most of the time. I don't know why, I just get a feeling of growing anxiety on the way up o.O

Best Answer

Run...until I can't.

Best Answer

That depends on what is at the top of the stairs.

Best Answer

your cat

Best Answer

Nah, I'll walk. Even if he ran away from me walking up the stairs, he's too slow to get anywhere.

Best Answer