sky2272 sky2272 16-17, F 8 Answers May 18 in Community

There is this book called The Sunflower by Simon Wiesenthal. It makes you think about how important it is to be an individual when the 'group' is making wrong decisions. <br />
This dude was asked to participate in the buring of a village of jews - he thought it was wrong, but went along with the group and didn't speak up - later on he is burned in the hospital and reflecting on this situation feeling guilty as hell - he tells his story and asks for forgiveness - you can read the rest of the story.<br />
During the Holocaust there were those who 'just wanted to live on with their lives' who caused the slaughter of millions of jews by taking no action and 'living their lives' as this chaos and disorder went on around them. <br />
Each person has the power to change the world by being a leader unto themselves. <br />
It seems most People want to 'belong' to groups though so it messes up the world - groups of religions spewing hate. <br />
Masses of people spraying toxic chemicals on themselves every day in the name of personal hygeine, going to the carwash and foaming their cars up with 'pink cherry ' foam all chemicals going into the streams and waterways poisoning ecosystems. <br />
I want to change the world by being a leader unto myself and refusing to participate in 'group' activities which I believe are morally wrong - like using chemicals for personal hygeine, doing something simply because "I'm told" so this is how I want to live my life. It is because of reading The Sunflower that I feel this way - this book shows the importance of being a leader unto yourself and not following so called "leaders' like those who burned that village. You do change the world by the way you life your life. Look at the documentary 65 red roses by Eva Maarkvoort - she took a bad situation and used it to help others - her life energy is still helping others. So Eva Maarkvoort changed the world by the way she lived her life.

Best Answer

I do not seek to change the world, but to evolve myself to the best of my abilities. The world will always be whatever it will be. I, however, can be anything I want to be.

Best Answer

Best Answer

I have never wanted to change the world. Change is a natural event and doesn't need my input to occur.

Best Answer

It would be nice to change the whole world ..& yes parts of this I can do alongside like minded people. However the greatest and most immediate impact I can have is to consistently change my world ..& the subsequently the experiences of the people I know & meet within " my world" in a helpful and positive way ..I hope ;-)

Best Answer

Change the world.

Best Answer

same difference in the end

Best Answer

the butterfly effect means whatever we do changes the world

Best Answer