UPDATE: Thank you to everyone for chiming in. I am happy to hear that the House or whomever was able to come to a conclusion before we saw complete red. God Bless America.
JenniferSH636 JenniferSH636 22-25, F 20 Answers Aug 1, 2011

I would like to see some one who is actually progressive and didn't give in to the republicans constantly, but that isn't going to happen, so unfortunately Obama is the best we will get this time around.

Best Answer

I'm thinking that after this debt ceiling debacle, we just may see a challenge to Obama from within the Democratic party, for the 2012 nomination. I will be supporting that person.

Best Answer

Lol. I like that last line, @wanderingelf.
Obama isn't SO bad. Although, I think many people miss Clinton.

Best Answer

Don't be surprised if we lefties don't primary him. He caves in to the Republicans all.the.time. I still can't consider any of the Republicans. None are sane enough to run a sandwich shop, let alone the federal government.

Best Answer

I agree with you re: the sandwich shop comment, it made me laugh out loud. However I think we all know most of them will be reelected the next time. How sad.

Best Answer

If that means not having republican or tea bagger in office then YES YES YES YES YES.

Best Answer

Yes I do.

Best Answer

this is so boring...

Best Answer

Then don't chime in. Didn't your mother ever teach you if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all?

Best Answer

it's a public place, sweetie, learn to live among people, not require they live to your standards.

Best Answer

And if you don't like what they say you can always block them, Right Orion?

Best Answer

No.

Best Answer

Obama's campaign was pretty much political suicide, thinking he could do half the things he promised without the help of congress. And I guess we voters were stupid in thinking a single person could fix all of America's problems in 4 years. There's a house and senate, guys. Even with a super-majority, the Democrats are so fragmented ideologically. And as long as congress is fragmented, there is nothing the senate, house, or president can pass beyond compromised monstrosities like the healthcare plan or the new debt ceiling bill. What did we expect?<br />
So, will I vote for Obama? Yeah. I think if we push out a new progressive candidate, the democratic vote will split and a republican will win. Obama knows he's in it deep with progressives. He just needs to play moderate Moe to appease swing voters. Once he's won 2012, I think he'll really pull out some stops because he won't be on the campaign trail 4 years later. He'll have nothing to lose.

Best Answer

You r right he will be easy going &amp; centralist until gets REELECTED &amp; then he will let the DEMOCRATS rule the WORLD...

Best Answer

great answer.

Best Answer

I want to see Palin in office, and then watch this country finally destroy itself.

Best Answer

No one likes Alaska just like no one likes Palin. She is equivalent to the reality show she starred in: People are going to tune in, but at the end of the day they're going to care about something else.

Best Answer

ABSOLUTELY NOT! He came from a corrupt government in Chicago, he has done nothing but ruin our reputation with Europe, spent money unwisely.. OUR MONEY, does not listen to the people,.... this man should have never been voted in. He is incompetent and not experienced enough. I think the past four years is proof enough though.

Best Answer

There used to be a time when voting for Presidents and gov body, was such an honor. <br />
Then 1960s We saw Murder. Then we saw unjust War. Then we saw Greed, Then we saw Cheaters, and then we saw Sexual Sin. <br />
Then we saw Greedier,infiltrate average amercians. Then we saw Greed attack innocent people and destroy their country. Then we see the Hate which is the sibling to all the above and racism is its seed.<br />
I would vote for Obama again, but Im not sure this country is ready for a statesman or a black leader. Due to his color alone, many refuse to compromise. It would be good if Hillary were to run. But she will not run. It would be good if Bill could run again. Both are sick to death of the cut throat politics. They are interested only in global interests themselves. So yes, I would stick with Obama if I must.

Best Answer

"sexual sin" makes no sense to me... its more like an oxymoron in my opinion

Best Answer

No!

Best Answer

YES yes yes yes yes.. far better than any of the twits on the right and their moronic fundamentalist whips.

Best Answer

Geez, Zander... are we going to hear a real statement of your opinion or simply accept the gregarious phrases? =)

Best Answer

No

Best Answer

Best Answer

Says you!

Best Answer

No. I didn't vote for him in 2008 but was curious about how he was going to bring his talk about 'hope and change' into real results. I'm still waiting.<br />
I do hope whoever does run against him has a real plan and the ability to keep promises to put us back on the right track again (job creation, improve the economy, etc.) I don't want to have to vote 3rd party like I did last time.

Best Answer

No. Absolutely not. I believe that he's disappointed so many that voted for him and I hear grumblings from the Dem. party, so his charm and platitudes aren't doing it for him anymore. Top Congressional Democrats complained over the weekend: ...“the president has been invisible,” and that “he is not a leader.” <br />
I also believe that one of the main reasons that he won in 2008 was because he got 99.99% of the Black vote. And, another reason is because so many people hate Sarah Palin. <br />
In a debate, Herman Cane would tear him up.

Best Answer

hahahahaha, you blame the black vote. how white of you.

Best Answer

He's got a point.. with that, the black population could coax organized support out of the woodworks for nearly anything, but at no point have I ever seen white people congregate to support ****, except a kegger.

Best Answer

Obama is a great leader, my heart tells me he knows his business now, and one of the finest campaigners I have ever worked for myself. Very organized, intelligent and no Herman cant get any traction as a womanizer.

Best Answer