A Christian woman, I have respect for all of the faiths including the non-faith of aetheism and am simply seeking to learn beyond the comfortable confines of my own chosen and experienced Faith. Thank you for your serious, respectful answers, and peace be unto you.
afreimann afreimann 41-45, F 3 Answers Jan 10, 2013 in Religion

(I am an Indian male) Bindi is more of a fashion accessory nowadays. Earlier, it used to signify "I am married" when a woman wore it.

Best Answer

I avoid religious organizations that use superficial means to mark themselves. Vanity is a character flaw. It's a formal case of gang membership marking. A solid religion would only require a good show of character and would only stand out with good conduct and constructive works.

Best Answer

Though I see your point, I would like to counter with the fact that the religious tradition of wearing a Bindi has existed for hundreds, if not thousands, of years; this lends me to the belief that there must be, or must have been, some genuine, internally-motivated motivation and significance; it is this significance to which my inquiry is addressed and this significance that I seek to explore. Many thanks to you :) and I love your take on good and evil, by the way.

Best Answer