I know, the hate will still continue, but what about a slight cause for deterrence?
PrincessMaine PrincessMaine 46-50, F 9 Answers Dec 29, 2012 in WTK

I doubt even that would stop some from lashing out, for them it's sport.

Best Answer

Yes...it's a shame....

Best Answer

Ya

Best Answer

I asked something like that a while ago. I wonder if you'll get the same answers...

Best Answer

Let's compare....when did you ask? There are a multitude of new users.....

Best Answer

Yep, I'd have to agree. It might stop some of the hostility.

Best Answer

I've often wished there was a thumbs down button....in fact sometimes I still look for it as if it will miraculously appear! :P

Best Answer

I think it's an excellent idea.<br />
If they made it so that you'd only see posts above a certain threshold of acceptability as determined by the community, it would also eliminate a lot of people's complaints about EP harboring idiots and pedophiles and the like.<br />
No posts would have to be censored or completely erased, just hidden unless you chose to view them in spite of poor ratings. The community could therefore self-police, and EP could automate banning of people whose posts were consistently below a given threshold of acceptability to the group at large.<br />
The downside would be that sub-groups could organize "griefing" witch-hunts and try to silence those that they disliked, but there are algorithmic ways around this issue, so with a combination of code and occasional tweaking and intervention, EP's team could probably significantly reduce their own workload.

Best Answer