I know, the hate will still continue, but what about a slight cause for deterrence?
PrincessMaine PrincessMaine 46-50, F 9 Answers Dec 29, 2012 in WTK

I doubt even that would stop some from lashing out, for them it's sport.

Best Answer

Yes...it's a shame....

Best Answer

Good question. Do away with thumbs up all together. I think it's rude to receive the thumbs up. The person likes your comment but can't be bothered to write a reply and yet will write a reply to other answers. It leaves me feeling like why bother to answer their question. I'm just going to block anybody who's question I answer with thought and who gives me the thumbs up instead of a written reply

Best Answer

Nice point of view, I've experienced the same thing...

Best Answer

It just seems rude the thumbs up. It's just the click of the mouse to do that. If you make the effort to answer the question then you should deserve a written response

Best Answer

Ya

Best Answer

I asked something like that a while ago. I wonder if you'll get the same answers...

Best Answer

Let's compare....when did you ask? There are a multitude of new users.....

Best Answer

Yep, I'd have to agree. It might stop some of the hostility.

Best Answer

I've often wished there was a thumbs down button....in fact sometimes I still look for it as if it will miraculously appear! :P

Best Answer

I think it's an excellent idea.

If they made it so that you'd only see posts above a certain threshold of acceptability as determined by the community, it would also eliminate a lot of people's complaints about EP harboring idiots and pedophiles and the like.

No posts would have to be censored or completely erased, just hidden unless you chose to view them in spite of poor ratings. The community could therefore self-police, and EP could automate banning of people whose posts were consistently below a given threshold of acceptability to the group at large.

The downside would be that sub-groups could organize "griefing" witch-hunts and try to silence those that they disliked, but there are algorithmic ways around this issue, so with a combination of code and occasional tweaking and intervention, EP's team could probably significantly reduce their own workload.

Best Answer