The other day I had 2 hours of sleep and asked my fiance to get our son as he just woke up from his nap. He complained and didn't make a move to get him and I am not going to let him cry so I got up to get him (this was in the evening and he was on the computer and I was watching tv and our son only naps for like 20 minutes at a time.) As I was walking upstairs to get him I said come on really you won't get him I only had 2 hours of sleep last night. His reply was yeah but you had zero hours of work.
Whyamistillwithhim Whyamistillwithhim 26-30, F 14 Answers Nov 23, 2012 in Parenting & Family

So many people think of responsibility that way: You have your's and I have mine. Whether you are married, living together, or committed in some other way, there is no my way or your way; it's always our way. <br />
Being a mother is a fulltime, no breaks, no vacations, and many times, no solid 8 hours sleep job. But the fathers don't realize that and it's what leads to unhappy and sadly enough, broken homes. <br />
Men seem to have trouble wrapping their pea-sized brains around that fact. For all the slings and arrows cast at two women households,(Betty & Beverly) especially when child-rearing is involved, I have to say they seem to work better than the one with Betty and Bubba.

Best Answer

My husband is the exact same way- with the what do you all day, I worked all day bs and I would be dragging my self around tired exhausted and he wont even pour my (our) son a drink nothing, he does nothing. but now my son recognizes that (sadly) and does not even hardly bother with him, our marriage is falling apart (or has fallen already) because of his constant disrespect for me, among other things - good luck, not sure how long you have been dealing with that, but it has not gotten better for me with time, just worse - i would suggest counseling and maybe that will help

Best Answer

He's a typical lazy SOB. If he doesn't appreciate the amount of 'work' you do around the house and raising your child then he's a fool.

Best Answer

You both produced them, so you both should be able to work together in raising them,whether your working or not. There is no parent assignment when raising your children.

Best Answer

ignorant and selfish..the writings on the wall...take note.

Best Answer

My parents were very old fashioned. My mom was a school teacher & she retired when they became engaged so she could stay home and raise a family. My Dad worked full-time, but still did what I would suppose you call a mans job around the house - yard work, cutting the grass, painting, shoveling, etc... He was a very involved Dad. My mom did all the cooking cleaning etc. it worked very well for them.

Best Answer

Zero hours of work?? Is he an idiot?? What a butthole! (Sorry to insult your guy, but he deserves it).

Best Answer

First mistake, it is not helping, it is called BONDING WITH YOUR CHILD. Honestly if he had a dog he would have to walk it. Tough job being a stay at home mum. I worked part time and all the mums there called it our "holiday time" could actually go to the loo without a little person following you lol.

Best Answer

If two people make babies and it was a joint decision to have those babies - then two people are responsible for looking after them. Having children is not a job, it's a commitment. There is no clocking on and clocking off. Just mho.

Best Answer

i'm a stay at home dad and my wife work ( she is a teacher ) and when she come home she take care of the kid while i do other things like making dinner . at night we take turns . <br />
ps please tell your fiance from me that taking care of a kid is one of the most challenging work there is

Best Answer