tjschira tjschira 22-25 10 Answers Nov 4, 2012 in Religion

Absolutely and let me tell you, my neighbour's a$$ is amazing so I'm doing good work by not coveting it.

Best Answer

I think people have to accept the words and not distort them, calling some disturbing parts allegories.

Best Answer

Corinthians 1:14

As in all the congregations of the saints, women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

(I just don't see that working or reasonable today.)

Best Answer

No.

HELL NO.

Best Answer

If people can take the Bible literally, I should be able to take Batman literally. Batman is my god. He is my moral compass. He is the rule maker, the decider and the omniscient being for me. Batman is my Messiah.

All hail Batman!

Best Answer

Would you leave offerings of bugs and fruit to your comci collection?

Best Answer

Batman doesn't believe in offerings. He's to busy delivering justice.

Best Answer

Love it.

Best Answer

We would actually need a reality altering god to change the world and universe and morals and brain capacity in order to make a literal interpretation of the bible fit modern life.

Best Answer

Why shouldn't it? The more things change the more they remain the same. God never changes and people's hearts haven't changed.

Best Answer

No, the more things change, the more they change things. Your god believes those who work on the Sabbath should be executed. Does your heart agree?

Best Answer

That changed with Christ. We are no longer under the old Jewish law.

Best Answer

Christ said he was here to fulfill the law, not overturn it.

Best Answer

Yes and no. There are certain parts of the Bible meant to be metaphorical/allegorical and other parts that are literal, such as "love thy neighbor," "do unto others." We have to remember that it is a translation and the words in our language sometimes don't match up quite the right way with the words used originally.

Best Answer

Hey maybe the god parts were meant to be a metaphor.

Best Answer

That doesn't even make sense :/

Best Answer

Why not? How does one determine which parts of a bible are metaphorcal, literal, or nonsense? Either you believe it or you're just pretending.

Best Answer

We aren't Calvanists, we're allowed to interpret the bible. How about the parables, people often take those literally, they ignore the translation, meaning, words translated from Hebrew are taken as literal when in Hebrew they meant something figurative, and God can't be a metaphor because that makes utterly no sense. Think about it for a second.

Best Answer