Yeah...I'm not so much concerned about my food sticking to the pan as I am about the coating flaking off into my food.
Brieks07 Brieks07 22-25, F 13 Answers Feb 3, 2010

Get a small wire brush the kind with the bristles pointing down that chucks into a drill. You can take the pan and remove the rest of the coating with it, I used to use one to remove burnt on stuff form pans all the time I kept an old drill with a brush in it by the sink.

Best Answer

Well... There was a big scare a few years ago when some research suggested that Teflon is potentially (mildly) carcinogenic.<br />
However, that seems to have come to nothing. So far, the official word from pretty much every government health agency seems to be that whilst some of the ingredients of Teflon are carcinogenic, there's not enough evidence that the end product (Teflon itself) is potentially harmful. <br />
This only seems to apply to the "normal use" of Teflon though (i.e. when it's stuck to your pan). Actually eating flakes of Teflon is probably not to be recommended.<br />
Err on the side of caution: throw the pan in the recycling and get a new one.

Best Answer

Throw it away !! Why risk your health as no one seems to have factual info on the dangers,

Best Answer

I would toss it, yep...otherwise you are eating the coating brieks:)...

Best Answer

No, no. One may keep using the pan. One takes the risk that the non-stick coating is being eaten, though. Or you don't have to throw it away but could plant some daisies in it, or grow some sea monkeys . . .

Best Answer

No.. that would be wasteful, weak and cruel to the poor frying pan. Keep it. fr<x>ame it. Show it to all your friends and especially to those you want to impress. When you best friend comes over who is allergic to aluminum make sure to make them an omlette in it. [brokenutilityhater/beautyinfunction]

Best Answer

throw the carbage n buy proper ones

Best Answer

No, its not the most desirable, but no harm.

Best Answer

no. Just grease it when you use it.

Best Answer