if the person maintains a lifestyle that contributes to the chances of becoming a crime victim?
daaytripper daaytripper 18-21, F 21 Answers Feb 3, 2013 in Community

yes a person is majorly responsible for their victimization if they had a choice in moving away from such a life.

Best Answer

I think that is the best way you can word it. If someone involves themselves in an environment or lifestyle to cause those types of things but made no effort to avoid it I believe they are responsible.
Ex. Someone gets insulted daily when they go by someplace. Yet chooses to continue going there despite the unwanted insults.
It may not be obvious but it should come off as a warning sign to avoid that. Least things escalate from insults to injury.

Best Answer

i agree

Best Answer

If the person is aware that this is a possibility, and maintains said lifestyle, they are fully responsible for their victimization.

Best Answer

Not some, entirely ! and in all cases.

Best Answer

If they choose that lifestyle, yes. If they can't escape the lifestyle, no.

Best Answer

They can. I personally find it pretty hard to believe that some women are "raped" several times. by different men at different times in their lives. Seems to me that they may be putting themselves in that position

Best Answer

Homeless women especially

Best Answer

the legal definition of rape is so convoluted these days, that most men are probably guilty of raping several women without being aware of it. For example, if a man who is drunk, sleeps with a woman who is drunk without obtaining her consent prior to drinking, he can be charged with rape. In the eyes of the law, a man is responsible for his actions while drunk, but a woman can do what she wants, and not be responsible afterwards.

Best Answer

you are crazy-it's one paycheck away from being homeless. any one can be at any ae -race or circumstance. could happen to you before you knew it

Best Answer

Yes. You are referring to the FBI's definition of rape. Its so out of line with reality its not even funny.

Best Answer

Yes, a heavy responsibility. It's all about choices. Unfortunately, good people can also end up in the same position without choice.

Best Answer

Don't let the feminists here you say this. You will be labeled a traitor to your gender. <br />
Here is one of my YouTube videos that I think answers this question. <br />
<a href="http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/Know-Feminism-Is-The-Biggest-And-Most-Harmful-Hate-Group/2911786" target="ep_blank">EP Link</a><br />
The "victim blaming" part is toward the end.

Best Answer

no way-they were the victims..

Best Answer

Not always. It depends on the situation. I know that there are certain situations in which the blame is unjustly put on the victim.. by the victim, or others. I think that even saying that a victim is responsible for being a victim is quite insulting and selfish to say.

Best Answer

To what end?

Best Answer

They dont its a free world and people should be free to do as they please as long as its within the laws if people were less tempted and more self substained then bad things wouldnt happen so much but they dont

Best Answer

depends on the situation

Best Answer

I think the question is rhetorical. The answer is self-evident.

Best Answer

If you're talking about a drug user being killed because he was unable to pay back his massive loan to the drug dealer, then.... No. He/she is a victim. If you're talking about a woman/man who has been raped the also NO. He/she is a victim.

Best Answer

Would you say that to a black person who was beat up by a skinhead? Gee, maybe they shouldn't go around "being black"! (You are an idiot)

Best Answer

Tell that to my criminology professor.

Best Answer

Is HE on EP to? lol

Best Answer

agree-what is with people-is there no compasion anymore?

Best Answer

The two things you described here are confusing

Best Answer

everybody else seems to understand...

Best Answer

I have not been victimized. Want to understand

Best Answer

yes. but sometimes they are at the wrong place at the wrong time

Best Answer

No.

Best Answer