bbbreezy bbbreezy 51-55, M 7 Answers Jun 3, 2012

i COULD TELL YOU, IF I KNEW 2 THINGS:<br />
what the hell is a plecostomus.<br />
what do they like to eat

Best Answer

mine has been living for almost 4 years, we never really fed him, he just eats algae, and fish shite

Best Answer

Plecos are omnivores. They are not picky eaters. In planted aquariums they will eat any food left behind by other fish as well as naturally growing algae in the tank. They have also been known to have a taste for discus mucus. In tanks without live plants, their diet can be supplemented with sinking fish food, usually algae wafers readily available from a pet store.<br />
Although the plecostomus is a known common algae sucker, it requires more than just pellets and tank algae. It should also be fed algae wafers, zucchini, cucumber, lettuces, peas, melon and also any semi-soft fruit or vegetable will do as well. They also can eat shrimp, shrimp pellets and flake fish food.

Best Answer

Wow little monkey doodle you know A LOT about Plecos! Thanks

Best Answer

No, I just looked it up quickly........ uh... no I am real smart....aleck

Best Answer

My very large pleco likes pieces of raw zucchini rubber banded to a rock.<br />
He eats the skin first. The leftovers should be removed the next day.

Best Answer

My pleco never did....he sort of schommed his way along the side of the glass....or sometimes along the bottom. If he absorbed any stray fish food I was not aware of it.

Best Answer

Fish Poo.

Best Answer

Plecos don't eat fish waste!! They will only eat algae and vegetables like baby marrow (zucchini) cook it for about 6 minute in water in the microwave, at 2minute intervals so it doesn't explode.

Best Answer