A friend of mine that I've known for about 6 years now stopped getting in touch with me or my other friend. When we try to reach him he never returns our calls. My friend just found out today that the reason he isn't talking to us is because he's trying to get with another girl. Is that a real friend, or am I just there to do him favors?
Seethatguy Seethatguy 18-21, M 8 Answers Jan 10, 2011

Wait until all your friends are married and have families of their own, man does life ever get boring then....lol <br />
We are all guilty of being oblivious to others when hormones are involved. Try to be a little more understanding. I have gone up to two years without speaking to my best friend, because life just got so busy. That doesn't mean we are any less of friends.

Best Answer

You don't understand. I only have 2 good friends in real life. That is one of them- gone. It's hard to make more because I have trouble talking to new people.<br /><br />
<br /><br />
Besides, the only times he tends to give me a call is when he needs me to do something for him.

Best Answer

yes, it happens often. especially when you've known people many years, they will phase in and out of frequent contact for that reason. it's pretty normal.<br />
when i was in high school one of my 3 bestbestbest friends got pregnant & got married and i felt like i really lost her.<br />
i don't make friends easily either :[ but over time i have made a lot. so now if one's not around, i'll call someone else.

Best Answer

He is focusing on his life. He should have told you about someone he is dating. Then you should understand he may not have as much time to spend with you. He's being disrespectful by not telling you what's going on. He doesn't have to tell you the details but at least tell you that he may be busy.<br />
I have a lot of friends who don't have time for me because of their significant other. I respect their decisions and we are still friends.

Best Answer

Generally yes. The circumstances may vary that is something very serious is going on, but s/he does have a life.

Best Answer

He may still be your friend, but not your boyfriend anymore. He's grown up now and doesn't want to just hang out and play video games now with the guys anymore and make up stories about things he's never done with the opposite sex. You see, he's now learning about something called Sex Fun With Hot Girls, which somehow seems a little more pleasant to him than his previous life of hanging around people of his own sex. <br />
When you mature out of the homosexual phase most boys go through until about age 12-13, you'll understand what makes him prefer the opposite sex and won't feel jealous anymore. Hang in there, manhood beckons.

Best Answer

I'm not gay and I'm more mature than he is. Don't talk to me like I'm a small child.

Best Answer

There are times when real friends do that, and later when it doesn't work out with the girl then they come back and apologize. My husband has a friend that has stopped talking to us after he got a girlfriend. We aren't sure if it is the girlfriend or he just doesn't like us anymore so we were thinking of asking another of his friends about him to find out why he doesn't talk to us anymore from someone who IS still talking to him(we think). But we also have another friend, who, when he got a girlfriend, began hanging out with us MORE. When you're married, other friends that are married or have a girlfriend/boyfriend usually want to hang out with you more. This guy, not to insult your friend, may not have a lot of backbone or may be basically caving in to this girls every wish, so to me it looks like desperation. I am making a bet that she will end it and say he was "too clingy" or "too nice" or "not enough personality". My bets are omstly on clingy though.

Best Answer

No, that's a real friend alright. Years ago, before I shot myself by getting married, I had friends like that. They got married; I got married. I haven't seen my best friend in 20 years. Now, I'm my best friend, 'cause I"m with me the most.

Best Answer