They always have been. Christians don't realise that the reason there are four gospels is because there were four major theologies all with different views of Christ and salvation and they were combined in order to create a universal (catholic) Church in order to serve the needs of the Roman empire.

Best Answer

Yes. People got a hold of spirituality and turned into religion which is just a political ideology with a different hierarchy IMHO. I blame religion for the blood shed and agony that has occurred as a result of people "spreading the message". Religion commits genocide and burns people alive. Religion destroys cultures and steals dignity and individualism.<br />
The superficial church has kidnapped Jesus and dressed Him up in a three piece suit.

Best Answer

that is my main problem with organized religion, you hear the priest's version, not the true representation of the religion. did you know Jesuseus said your sexual oreintation didn't matter if you lived a honest and worthy live in the eyes of god.? look it up, you'll be suprised what the church has changed to match what they say to what was writen in the true writeings.

Best Answer

It isn't that I "feel" that christian churches are wrongly presenting the teachings of Jesus - I know.<br />
You can take it back to Paul - that the christian churches rely on - or you can take it back to Constantine that like the merging of Mithraism and Christianity because it made the people subservient and easy to manipulate.<br />
Paul and Jesus taught disciplines so different from one another that they are mutually exclusive. In this light, christian churches are not even christian. I don't know of a single exception.<br />
curious that christians are most blind to this. Polls indicate that only 2% of christians know their religion's theology, whereas 98% of atheists and agnostics know christian theology as well as its history.

Best Answer

Yep i do think so. A lot of preachers say stupid things now :) That's why i prefer to read the bible and discuss it with my father, i love his vision. I truly think God blessed him in understanding the sc<x>riptures and God's love.

Best Answer

I feel that a lot of things are wrongly presented by most churches,although a lot of it is due to the tinkering of the early church of Rome.Have you read about the origins of Christmas and Easter?I believe we become like the Jewish people(as circumcision in Romans)through faith,and it is important to keep the Sabbath on the seventh day(Saturday)and the feast days.I'm not a Seventh Day Adventist,too much there I disagree with,but have found a good nondenominational church that celebrates that.

Best Answer

Yes, I think most churches with large congregations will preach to what the people want. NO one wants to hear that if you sin you will go to hell. Some churches dont even believe in hell, even when the bible blatantly states if you dont repent thats where you're sent! I know some churches in the big city have youth fellow ships and the children only go there to play games on their 5 grand big screens.

Best Answer

I don't think about these things anymore.

Best Answer