I was thinking about the fact that I was more open with people and unafraid to be myself when I entered high school, even though I had been homeschooled. I had absolutely no problem connecting with people, but after I left highschool I never really made any serious friends. In fact that's when i started to always feel left out and that I was always out of the loop in connecting with people, even though I've maintained amicable relations with people, they were not long standing or meaningful relationships at all. Is it possible that an ugly divorce that went on for 5 years made me scared to open up to people or something else. Has anyone else dealt with a similar situation? If so can you tell me what you did to make yourself open up to people more again? Or to become interested in people again instead of so internal?
Neverbeenkissed Neverbeenkissed 22-25, F 6 Answers May 6, 2012

I would say my parent's divorce screwed me up when it comes to relationships. I don't remember all the details of the divorce, just that they hated each other for a long time. I had to constantly watch my words as to not reveal to much to the other parent....I hated when they tried to play me for info. Anyways, I can't hold a relationship to save my life and I don't like socializing in person much. Thanks mom, thanks dad.

Best Answer

The only example I can give is Kurt Cobain. He blamed his teenage issues on his parents divorce. <br />
So I suppose the answer could definately be yes in some cases.

Best Answer

My parents were divorced when i was about 5. I remember some uglu images in my head of why. But i wont be sharing those. Anyway, i was always really nice before they got divorced. After they got divorced i switched schools, and i was really mean. Since about 4th or 5th grade my my mom has gotten abusive and i've been super shy. So it all depends on the treatment of the parents. I recently moved in with my dad, and he's INSANLY nice, so im still shy, but a little more outgoing.

Best Answer

I used to wish my parents would get divorced . . .I'm an introvert . . .

Best Answer

???

Best Answer

what don't you get ? . . .

Best Answer

Not if they're put into boarding school while the 'match is on'!

Best Answer