omydame omydame 18-21, F 8 Answers Aug 4, 2013 in Depression

one word of advice from a former Xanax addict of 10 years. DO NOT TAKE XANAX. It is a highly addictive benzo. U may start out taking it as prescribed but then as time goes on, ur tolerance to it builds so u double up. Before u know it, ur taking 16 at a time just to feel anything. Not to mention u don't remember anything from the day before cuz it has an amnesia type of effect. It also causes u to act like a person that is completely out of ur character. Then u try to detox. Here comes to nausea, vomiting, hallucinations, constant tremors, night sweats, irritability, depression, worsened anxiety among the list of things. Don't get trapped by it, trust me. I wish someone had warned me about Xanax before I threw 10 years of my life away.

Best Answer

Wow that's crazy.. I never thought it would be like that; sorry to hear that and that k you for letting me know

Best Answer

going through it only made me learn. I never thought it would be like either cuz I always heard good things about Xanax. I didn't realize that the ones who were telling me those good things were already hooked. Xanax is only good if it's token on a temporary basis. Not as an everyday regimen. I'm glad I was able to let u know :)

Best Answer

Yeah your right, I don't even know why the government approves thos kind of things knowing what could happen

Best Answer

You just can't go by anyone else's experience with those drugs. They work differently in different bodies. I tried 8....NONE of them helped. They sickened me physically. For some people, they are life saving.

Best Answer

Makes you feel better...just don't abuse it.

Best Answer

Hard exercise ,always has worked BETTER that any Meds I was ever Prescribed. :)

Best Answer

It helps. Depends on the medication. You have to find the right one for you.

Best Answer

I just started Prozac three days ago. No effects yet. Shall I keep you posted? Lol. <br />
I recently read that turmeric capsules work just as well as Prozac. I might look into that more.

Best Answer

If you can, it would be nice if you do :D ..oh really

Best Answer