SirLaughalots SirLaughalots 36-40, M 6 Answers Aug 26 in Parenting & Family

My ex-wife does. I don't hate it. I just look at it as another step to driving the United States into the Third World. (I gave up on the US federal government decades ago.) Wondering and guessing about geometry, for instance, is not the same thing as knowing and doing geometry. We, the People, have repeatedly volunteered for this, so we get what we deserve. I call that failure.

Best Answer

I'd say it does more good than harm. It's what the south has always needed, and it standardizes everything for everyone. I'm not sure why so many people are so strongly against it.
As for my parents, they don't know what common core is because they don't give a ****.

Best Answer

Well here in the south, 2 + 2 = 4. I don't think it should be 3 or 5 just because you can justify the wrong answer.

Best Answer

Why not?

Best Answer

There you go. I rest my case.

Best Answer

So you don't know how to show your work...

Best Answer

I know how to show the right answer but I'll never accept justifying the wrong answer. If it's right, it's right. If it's wrong, it's wrong.

Best Answer

I would if I were a parent. It runs counter to common sense..and is meant to dumb down performing student so that the dumb ***** can feel good about their stupidity and poor performance.

Best Answer

Yeah that's the way I see it too

Best Answer

I'm not a parent but I don't HATE it. My only problem with it is alternative education can't exactly compare to traditional schooling. Example. Waldorf students learn to read later. They end up reading at, if not well above, grade level but still. Now they're forced to abandon that. Montessori schools are completely based on what the kids want to do at that time.
The only other problem is that we want kids to be excited about dry turkey education.

Best Answer

What's it about?

Best Answer

It makes common standards for the whole country so it's easier to compare students from different locations.

Best Answer

I'm a student and I hate it too, since there's so much wrong with it.

Best Answer