aurora1989 aurora1989 46-50 8 Answers Oct 13, 2011

For me it was the 1972 General Election. I was as strong supporter of George Stanley McGovern at the time. Nixon won by a landslide, with McGovern taking only Massachusetts and the District of Columbia.

Best Answer

I wasn't old enoiugh to vote but I remeber I too was a Mc Govern supporter ( one of 3 in my class of 20 something.) It made a lasting impression on me .

Best Answer

72 was my first as well. Mr McGovern got my vote as well. He took my state (Massachusetts) and DC as well. Nixon took everything else. I guess that is what you call a landslide.

Best Answer

The first election I voted in was the 1976 Presidential election between Carter & Ford, voted for Carter - after then I developed a personal policy of voting against ANY incumbent and ANY republican - for instance, this year I'll be voting for the Libertarian for president, whoever it is. I would LOVE to see Jesse Ventura run for president, but he's a lot smarter than that.

Best Answer

yes

Best Answer

1992 Presidential Election- I voted for Clinton

Best Answer

2008 Presidential election. I was excited. lol

Best Answer

I think it was the year McGovern ran for President. I was actually an RFK supporter until he was assassinated.

Best Answer