I read that UConn had a .500 record in the Big East Conference. Kingdan, you're right. Personally I wish the championship tournament was only open to teams that had a plausible claim to be the best team in their conference. The tournament is now supposed to take in every team that had a pretty good season, even if an also-ran in their conference. I can remember the days when the NIT was for that and was far more prestigious than it is now. Now the NIT rewards teams for breaking even or a little better.
conceptualclarity conceptualclarity 51-55, M 4 Answers Apr 4, 2011

No...but they were the 2 best teams during the post-season tournament. Post seasons aren't for deciding the BEST team...they are for deciding the championship....totally different goal.

Best Answer

You're right. Personally I wish the championship tournament was only open to teams that had a plausible claim to be the best team in their conference. The tournament is now supposed to take in every team that had a pretty good season, even if an also-ran in their conference. I can remember the days when the NIT was for that and was far more prestigious than it is now. Now the NIT rewards teams for breaking even or a little better.

Best Answer

Butler has been in the finals 2 years, I think they are up there.

Best Answer

Good point.

Best Answer