taketheworlddown taketheworlddown 22-25, M 27 Answers Jul 31, 2012

Overpopulation isn't the problem. Stupidity is. We're more likely to kill each other off than be decimated by lack of resources. If we weren't idiots, I'd say we know enough to pull together and find a way out of the potential mess, but since we ARE mostly idiots it's a coin-toss.<br />
Assuming bio or nuclear warfare and/or a pandemic don't kill us all, I think it likely that some group or other will manage to adapt and survive.<br />
Global warming will take care of the problem for us anyhow. We're already in for a culling. <br />
Regardless of the cause, we're in for some epic nasty weather within the next 50 to 100 years. Take that as fact or metaphor, the result is the same.

Best Answer

I would agree with you on stupidity being a problem. But overpopulation is too big of an issue to claim it is not a problem. Although in the large scale you are right, stupidity is the bigger issue.
Either that stupidity is gonna catch up to us, or we are going to wise-up quickly. One thing that you can always count on humans and organic beings to do is: to do what needs to be done at the very last moment it needs to be done. That or die off like the other billions upon billions of species that have done so in the past.

Best Answer

In the first world, low birth rates and an aging population are already correcting the problem. Add upcoming catastrophic climate conditions globally, political instability and nuts with guns, and I really do think it's the least of our concerns. Seriously, I bet by 2112 we've got refugee camps and worse in North America.

Best Answer

That's silly. If the world gets overpopulated then it will just have to get depopulated. Besides many people now are not having children so that's not something to worry about.

Best Answer

Absolutely, ever heard the one about water wars?

Best Answer

I am aware you have already picked a best answer, but I thought you may find this interesting.<br />
Back in the late sixties a Dr. Edward White did research on the effects of overpopulation on mammals. He studied over 80 species and the results were always the same.<br />
What he did in this research was two pairs of mammals and let them breed. No matter how many animals were in the cage, he supplied plenty of food and water and disposed of the waste. What he observed was an increase in abuse of offspring, increased combative aggressive behavior resulting in death (killing frenzies, unprovoked attacks, and cannibalism) , increased incidences of catatonic animals, and starvation. <br />
I have tried to find his published research, but I guess it just has been to far in the pass to locate.

Best Answer

no

Best Answer

I am going to say yes.<br />
Over population isn't a mere problem of land space, but available resources. A human being needs clean water, food, air and shelter.<br />
Being that the total human biomass on earth is 287 billion kgs [http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/18/human-population-earth-weight_n_1605244.html], and that over 60% of the average human body weight is in water (and that the density of water is 1). This means that we are currently taking up 1.72x10^11 Liters of water just by existing on this planet. In 50-60 years there will be a water shortage, and when that goes that is really when **** will hit the fan. We need water not only to drink, but to produce our crops and feed our livestock as well. The need for water will only increase drastically more for any increase in the population, it isn't just a matter of land.<br />
Next you'll need land space for the people to live, landscape to throw away waste and sewage. You need land to mine for resources, land to work on, land to plant crops, and grow livestock, and land to even travel on.<br />
You can also talk about the jobs that you will need to have for all these people, and I can go on and on about other issues such as crime, and disease, but I think my point is quite clear.<br />
It isn't until you understand exponential growth that you will understand that an our current growth isn't sustainable. It isn't a matter of environmental propaganda, or end of the world scare, just basic pre-calc math. No opinion, just facts. "The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function".<br />
Here is a good video on this topic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-QA2rkpBSY&feature=BFa&list=PL6A1FD147A45EF50D

Best Answer

It's more than possible. Too many people, not enough resources or food. It's right there on the agenda isn't it? And no one is really doing a thing about it. They talk and talk and never act. We needed to act decades ago but of course it was too far away then.<br />
Global warming will take a deadly toll but that means mostly the poorer countries and half the USA. My feeling is they just sit back and hope global warmning saves the "righr people" No planning at all. Why they allow artifical births when the population is zooming up is beyond my compehension. As it stopping euthenasii. People want to go, let them, they have their reasons. There's no sense in most stances taken pro lifers shooting doctors for aborting kids nobody wants. How sick is that?

Best Answer

Why do you think they poison our water and food supply?

Best Answer

I dont think we are over populated. what we are seeing is all the major cities around the world are over populated, but around the world there is plenty of space for humans to live. that land requires people to live country lives witch may require working some land, or some kind of labor. What everyone one wants today and what the corporations lead us to believe we need, is to live in cities have all this stuff we dont really need and live this technological easy life. so we crowd cities and the city cant handle all the people. Just my opinion Hare Krishna

Best Answer

Nawh. Probably just a depletion of resources followed by mass deaths and cheerful things like that. The planet would have to lose its capability to sustain human life for us to die out entirely.

Best Answer

No, I believe that the 'love' man has for himself will be our ultimate demise!

Best Answer

nope. we were meant to populate this world, so i dont think that there could be an over population.

Best Answer

I think it's going to get to a point where a country looking to keep it's own people from rioting because of lack of oil will use force to try and secure their daily needs ... The next World War will be fought over the possession of oil.

Best Answer

It might not kill off the entire human race, but it will reduce the human species to a drastically low number.

Best Answer

I think it will lead to mass genocide.

Best Answer

Absolutely. Foster homes are already over crowded as it is with unwanted children. Things will become more and more expensive and people will probably begin to riot.

Best Answer

Not in this generation or the next, so **** if I care.

Best Answer