I am now 24 and recently i have been seeing halos around lights at night.. and then ill see starbursts like extending in lines.. is this normal ? I do work with the computer alot and i want to know will i be blind by the time im 30? I have seen an optometrist and she gave me glasses for only comfort use for eye strain as one eye is long sighted while the other is short sighted. How can I improve my eyesight and not see this halos and star burst whenever theres light around?
Jaydedgirl Jaydedgirl 22-25, F 4 Answers Feb 22, 2011

Your Response



I feel your pain. I am 25 years old. For a month I have been suffering from seeing halos and starbursts on lights at night or in dimly lit areas. I have some small headaches in the temporal areas of my head sometimes. I had an MRI normal, Ophthalmologist did full eye exam and nothing. My doctor thinks it's migraines but it's been a month straight. I'm at a loss for what it could be. Did something bring it on for you? I remember one day feeling like I had something in my eye and then these issues started. I have astigmatism in both eyes. With glasses 20/20 vision and i still see these issues. Also some cheek pain. I hope you find resolve, I'll let you know if I do.

Best Answer

You should really go and see an Opthamologist......the halo effect can be the cause of an uncoming migraine,,,not sure if you get headaches right after the whole halo effect

Best Answer

this may not be a vision issue, do you experience migraine headaches?

you're a little young for cataracts but get that looked at too

Best Answer

Sometimes I'll see halos around lights at night when I'm outside and it's very misty out...but if you're seeing them around lights when you're inside, and especially if you're seeing starbursts, that doesn't sound normal. It might be a good idea to go to an ophthalmologist and have a thorough eye exam just to be on the safe side. Optometrists do not have M.D.'s and therefore are not in the best position to determine what might be causing your vision problems, whereas ophthalmologists are fully-qualified physicians..

Best Answer

Related Questions