Just wondering if this kind of networking sites really works and people really gets real friends.. So many have common interests and so many are lonely too.. But all are unknown to each other and not sure anyone really gets friendlier with others.. This site looks more like venting.. Nothing more that that.. Am i right ?
xRohit xRohit 31-35, M 14 Answers Jan 1, 2013 in Parenting & Family

i've met a few friends on here,but most people on here seem too occupied writing stories,and don't want to actually have conversations.i like going on the meebo chat to try to get to know people but few people use it.The other problem is i can't find people that live near me on here.

Best Answer

That is what i m also feeling.. Strangers do not feel interested .. N its hard to find people near my place too... But thats fine... Nothing serious to think or feel here..

Best Answer

I've met most of the people I am friends with by commenting on a question or sending a private messages to expand on my comment because i feel it's important enough.

Best Answer

I will try your way n see how it goes..thanks..

Best Answer

youll only find afew like in real life that mayb youll have aconnection with

Best Answer

All right.. Hope to find few.. :)..

Best Answer

In all seriousness (since I've been a bit of a smartass today)...I've met some amazing friends on here. People I know I can talk to about anything and everything, with them being more open and honest then most 'real life' friends (as someone put it) are. Either through groups, random comments on Q&A, or from friends of friends is how I met most of mine. Yes, it's a lot of venting...but sometimes that common ground is a stepping stone :-)

Best Answer

Thank you for the comments...

Best Answer

I have made friends so if its not possible please let me go so I can get rid of them and do it right!

Best Answer

I did not get your message :(.. But i guess you mean that you get friends here... Right?

Best Answer

yes I do have friends here! And I would never get rid of them! :)

Best Answer

You cultivate friends here the same way you do in real life. A word to the wise: fakers are soon spotted. There are a lot of great people here, and one of the ways to find them is through groups. Read the stories. The ones that you feel the most akin to, send a message. Strike up a conversation and go from there.

Best Answer

Noted with thanks... Will keep that in mind..

Best Answer

There are a couple of people I would become real life friends with.

Best Answer

That is good to know.. Thanks..

Best Answer

There is one person who I have made friends with outside of EP. That one friend is very special to me, I don't think they know just how much though.

Best Answer

Thanks for letting me know.. It helps..

Best Answer

Thanks..

Best Answer

Yes. I've found many many real friends on here that have changed my life, and that I have great relationships with/ or interactions with. But it took me a long time to be able to do that easily.

Best Answer

Thats real nice to know.. Thanks

Best Answer