awasadaorang awasadaorang 26-30 12 Answers Jan 15, 2013 in Dating & Relationships

No. I think we can convince ourselves that we are with "our one." I think we can force our minds to convince our hearts to ignore what our guts are screaming at us. This sounds awful, and I hope it is not true. But we live in a world where there is so much pressure to find the one; we find someone who meets a few or even many of our criterion and then we ignore the rest: The Halo effect. And then we try to ignore anything that might counter this view of our "one."

But, just because your partner isn't your "one," doesn't mean they can't make you boundlessly happy and vice versa. It's just about accepting life, and the people in it, as they are--rather than as you think they should be.

Best Answer

I don't really believe in "the one"more like "A one." Not because I intend on having more than one husband, but because I feel like you have multiple chances at finding the love of your life. You could meet the right person on the wrong day and never talk again, then instead end up with someone else who is just as wonderful.

But yeah, I think I could see myself with the man I'm with.

Best Answer

I am... I never thought that I'd want to spend the rest of my life with a person who wasn't outgoing and extremely funny and active, but somehow... the rocks in his head just fit the holes in mine. We've been together for 11 years now, and I couldn't be happier.

Best Answer

He has been for 4 years now.

Best Answer

I have for a long time.

Best Answer

i sure hope he is. it doesn't get any better than what we have.

Best Answer

I KNOW she is

Best Answer