And they might always be alone, because I'm generally unlikeable and another person stopped talking to me after promising half a dozen times they'd always be there for me?
Rennn Rennn 18-21, M 19 Answers Dec 10, 2012 in Health

I used to quite a lot, and although I am with someone now who is amazing and I don't think could ever make me feel lonely, I overcame the loneliness on my own. I wish I could tell you how to do it, because I understand what it feels like and would like to show other people who feel this way how to stop feeling these feelings, but unfortunately it is just one of these things that you have to do on your own.<br />
Also, you are not unlike-able. There are always people out there who will like you. You are just feeling unlike-able because you have been either feeling down lately, or you have been hanging around the wrong people.<br />
One thing I will recommend is hobbies, I know everyone says to find something that you enjoy doing or are good at and stick with it, but it is great advice. I kept my lonely mind preoccupied with my hobbies and have now turned one of those hobbies into a career. I can't begin to tell you what it has done for my self-esteem. If someone now finds me unlike-able I think in the back of my mind "I don't really give a **** what you think of me, I have my dream job. What the hell do you do for a living?" I know career isn't everything, but doing what I love for a living just brings this incredible self confidence that attracts other great things into my life.<br />
You will get out of this funk soon. Life has it's ups and downs and everytime you are experiencing one of those "down" times, just remember that life is a rollercoaster and for every "down" moment you experience, there is a "high" moment soon to follow.

Best Answer

So well put girl....awesome post.......
I used to be like this as well....for deep reasons....the main was that when I was younger, growing up with a father who had drowned into us kids that feeling and emotions were nothing but human weakneses, and that he did not ant weak children, so he put us through things to make sure we did not show them, come our young adult lives of him doing this, we were so disconnected it was unreal....
years later when I was on my own, I wanted to feel and express emotionsand have the closeness. but could not undo what was done to me, I did not know how to...and yes at night I would cry myself to sleep....it would be like a switch in me, on one hand wanted to "feel" but yet the minute someone would try, the switch would flick on and I would be closing them out fast...
it took me many...many years with a very good Psycologist to get me out of this...lots of work we went through...it is not just the matter of "dealing" with ****, like the above comment made, it goes deeper than that.....
my true test came when I met my husband I have now, for the very....very first time, someone was getting close to me, at first I fought it, tried to sabotage the relationship...he did not know what the heck was going on with me, till I took him with me to my therapy appointments....
long story short, my husband is the very first person ever close inside me, what an amazing feeling it is, I have learned so much from him.....

Best Answer

i prefer to stand and hug the bed post

Best Answer

Im so lonely the thing in my head that use to makes tears doesn't work anymore.

Best Answer

Nope, I'm awesome. <br />
If you're unlikable it's your own fault - BUT - you have the power to change that! <br />
Develop a positive outlook on life and people will like you more.<br />
Pro tip: In stead of answering with your usual "*heavy sigh* I'm ok :(", when people ask how you are, put on a big smile and say "I'm great! :D" You'll be amazed at how people will respond to that one thing and like you more.

Best Answer

I feel your pain bro...

Best Answer

Yes, too often.

Best Answer

Many times over the years.

Best Answer

You just have to expose your heart more and eventually someone catches on. The pain is worth the gain.

Best Answer

Sorry, yes I have done it but only when my marriage broke down. You're young things will get better, hang on in there.

Best Answer

Maybe when I was 16-20. I developed a thick skin since then.

Best Answer