I was left alone a lot as a child and found comfort in drawing. All of my life since I have enjoyed creative pursuits like sewing, creating collages, painting, decorating. I have never enjoyed working outside my home. Sometimes I feel like I neglect my adult children and grandchildren because I enjoy spending most of my time being creative and don't need others to be happy. (I have a husband with whom I relate very well).
FoxyLady47 FoxyLady47 61-65, F 16 Answers Aug 27, 2012 in Emotional Health

I wish I could be like you. It sounds like you're able to block out all the noise in life and focus on the creative task in front of you. That actually sounds incredibly therapeutic.

Best Answer

Quite the opposite. I feel guilty for socializing when I have creative projects to finish. I feel like I should be more productive instead of getting pulled in 10 different directions.

Best Answer

I don't think you should feel that way. Guilty? i mean its not measured by the time you spend with people. Hell it's not about the moments you do spend its how you make people feel. I have had people spend not even 5 minutes and have meant more to me then some of my best friends or my family. When i used to feel guilty about that i realize that you can't truely compare who means more to you because well thats like saying i refer eating wood over the pizza i so desperately hate in my mind. It's about quality and the deeper meanings. Besides what good is sitting there feeling guilty if you cant spend any time with them because you have gone crazy because you dont work on your projects? i simply think you need to make sure you dont neglect anyone and dont become too addicted to it.Be mindful and find balance.

Best Answer

Lol, this sounds like me (except the children part), I only feel truly happy and peaceful when I am alone and creating.

Best Answer

That depends on the family. My cousins always come 1st Nomader what! Anybody else... No guilt at all

Best Answer

never thought about it, my weapons occupy all my time

Best Answer

no

Best Answer

Not at all. Creative projects don't talk behind your back and betray you.

Best Answer

No, I like creative projects. My trouble is finding the ambition to do them

Best Answer