Almost two years ago I moved 26 hours away from my one of my best friends. Since then I've flown out to see her three times (one was an awesomely elaborate surprise) and have sent numerous boxes of gifts- like for bdays, holidays, or just because I found something she would like at a garage sale. She has never come to visit me and for Christmas she had one item mailed to me directly from Amazon. I also make an attempt to send her a text/call at least a couple of times a week (on the off-chance she responds it's something like "my tummy hurt so I couldn't call you back" wft??). When she does finally decide to call or when we see each other in person, it's like I never moved and she's as attentive and as cool as can be. I just don't get it. Am I being too nice? Has anyone else ever dealt with this kind of friend? (By the way, none of my other friends are like this! Also, I feel like I sound like a high school girl talking about this, but we are nearly 29 years old).
MadiJ MadiJ 26-30, F 4 Answers Feb 12, 2013 in Parenting & Family

Yeah, I've felt like that, but then again... I'm not much of a people person.

Best Answer

I'm in no way a 'people person' either. Maybe that's why I try to hold on to my established friendships.

Best Answer

Yeah, perhaps.

Best Answer

She has other friends and you only have her....time to make some local friends.

Best Answer

She doesn't have any other friends though. Other than her boyfriend and her mom... seriously. Maybe because nobody else could put up with it.

Best Answer

Maybe she doesn't realize how much you mean to her yet, Sounds immature but you could always just ignore her for a bit, just so she can see how much she take yah for granted.

Best Answer

Also, I do have friends here. And cost me significantly less :)

Best Answer

I've honestly thought about the ignoring thing. Is that what friends do to each other though? I've heard how she talks about friends she used to have, angry at how they stopped talking and eventually became strangers. But that could totally be on her for being lazy....

Best Answer

Not forever, but just be very busy for a week or something so she start to miss you and realize how much you bring to the table.

Best Answer