Accidentally on purpose.<br />
We keep suffering the same problem usually because of a truth we refuse to accept. In a way we prefer the suffering to facing this truth.

Best Answer

I'm sure I've done that subconsciously. Usually by not handling the suffering in a healthy way- maybe ignoring it or wallowing in it so that things actually turn out worse. I don't think I've done it with forethought though, or to try to make things worse. I don't desire suffering, but I do have my self destructive tendencies. <br />
I'm wondering why anyone would want to make things worse for themselves. Guilt? A sort of martyr complex? Self hatred or even a desire to see what they can handle? I don't know. It's an interesting Q.

Best Answer

Yes it's an interesting situation.... I seem to find myself doing things that I know will only make things worse but sometimes I just don't want to stop myself from doing them. I haven't yet discovered why I do this... I keep saying that maybe I'm not strong enough yet to deal with what is is that I have to... but sometimes I feel that I just plainly don't want to or can't be bothered gritting my teeth and doing what I know will help. So I do what is easy right now even though I know its not going to help anything.....Maybe it is a martyr complex but I don't really have anyone to be witness to martyrdom, maybe I'm just exhausted and the easy way is down, not up...

Best Answer

Sometimes that's true

Best Answer