Every day thousands of children are convinced by their parents from a very young age that if they don't think EXACTLY like them they will eternally rot in hell...so much for morality
Gioni02 Gioni02 70+ 7 Answers Sep 1 in Health

Actually, fear kind of drives people to do what you want. I was talking about this with someone and the issue of rape. Foundations want to educate others on rape and how they shouldn't do it, how it's wrong, etc. But it won't work unless you teach it to young children and you use methods of fear mongering, so they grow up knowing that it's wrong. Trying to teach an adult or teen about something can be pretty useless because they've already made up their mind. It's like hearing the "drug" talk at like 16. Most people at that age have already decided whether or not to do it. It's serves little purpose, other than for knowledge. But it doesn't really help kids stray away from the act. It'd work better if you do it when they are young. But many parents don't like to expose their children to such mature content.

Best Answer

It is sick. And it is embarrassing that humanity has not overcome its own myths.

Best Answer

Agreed

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer

I think it's awful that they are told that this is absolutely correct from a young age leaving them to know nothing else later on in life.

Best Answer

Thankfully, they can discover the truth later on in life, if they so choose.

Best Answer

Thank you someone who finally agrees with me. My parents are practically picking out my future career and college and it's just like theirs. Like no I am not going to live a few blocks down from you and work at the same hospital that you did. I am going to move to Seattle, cure cancer, and name my kids whatever the **** I want to!

Best Answer

Looks like newwaveballet blocked me because her brainwashed mind couldn't handle the critical thinking of a logical being.

Best Answer

Would you rather have children who don't listen and do as they please, considering the fact that they don't know the real world??

Best Answer

Okkkk. I'll teach my kids about the world through a book instructing people to stone children for disobeying, not wear polyester, and assume it is correct because (drumroll please) ANOTHER JEW DIED.

Best Answer

There are parents teaching children worse. Besides, it's only for a few years. Eventually, when they grow into adolescence and meet others, they begin to question everything you've ever taught them.

Best Answer

You damage their critical thinking though by never letting them analyze other things as correct. From square one you say "This is correct, everything else is wrong, case closed"

Best Answer

No, you don't. I had a polgamist pops who encouraged me to have sex with women because I was a guy. I still haven't had sex with a woman. Waiting. Taking my time. It all depends on how weak minded you are.

Best Answer