My step daughter lives with my husband my children and myself,she has aspergers and demands all the attention in the house,she is known to taunt and stalk my children and our pets,she has constant meltdowns,is spoilt and basically invades everyone alot of the time. Ive tried to be patient,ive tried to understand-I go to her appointments to learn about aspergers and behaviour-I am kond to her face and look after her as I do my own children but I havent warmed to her I do not like her at all and find her an inconvienance. I know it sounds terribly heartless and I am not a heartless person I just find I am changing due to the constant strain of her behaviour. My 8yr old daughter went to live with her father as she couldnt stand to be annoyed and stalked any longer and I have had enough and feel like walking out. Can anyone else relate ??
misstaboo misstaboo 31-35, F 7 Answers Apr 27 in Parenting & Family

Is it possible that she senses that you haven't warmed up to her and therefore acts out more?

Best Answer

She would have know

Best Answer

Possibly. I try to contain my emotions,I would never harm,spank or hurt this child or even yell at her.

Best Answer

Children do pick up on the fact that other people do not like them.

Best Answer

My ex-husband didn't like my son. I had to call the police once because he punched my son in an altercation. Our marriage ended badly. I'm glad I chose my son over him.

Best Answer

Wow :(
What a hard thing to go through but you did the right thing. Each situation is unique.
Adults need to have restraint when it comes to children no matter how frustrating the child is

Best Answer

This is why I dont believe in re - marriage, especially if you already have kids....

Best Answer

you cant help who you fall in love with.

Best Answer

But you can help who you marry

Best Answer

I stayed single for a long time amd dont take marriage lightly-its a hatd choice-I am committed I just 'feel' like walking out. We all have days when we have had enough.

Best Answer

Very true.

Best Answer

i cant relate but you need to see a therapist to help you out though this point and give you advice of what you can do

Best Answer

I have done this and following advice-I take time out and try to re-coop and relax so I can carry on.
Some days I just feel so frustrated and I really am trying to move forward and be more tolerant etc etc.

Best Answer

i dont know how i would deal with it especially because she is the reason why your daughter left.

Best Answer

My other daughter has an awesome father and step mother so it made the choice to let her go alot easier and we all co-parent. I had to make the choice to stand by my current family situation.
I want to do the right thing but my step daughter but at times I do just resent her so much for my daughter wanting to leave :(.
I understand people who see me as evil or nasty with my frustration towards the step child but seriously many adults in her life struggle with her including her own father and her biological mother abandoned her and has no contact.

Best Answer

Just so you all know I do NOT hate the child I Hate her behaviour.<br />
Anyone who had to live with extreme meltdowns and a violent child who tried to strangle your own children could possibly relate to my frustration.<br />
Ignorance is bliss for those who just judge without knowing what its actually like to be in a difficult situation.

Best Answer

12 gauge.

Best Answer

Really? Very harsh.

Best Answer