CourtneyJester CourtneyJester 18-21, F 38 Answers Jun 17, 2012

No, and can't imagine what's to "hate"---some people are blends and there's nothing wrong with it. I've been accused of being ashamed of my French and Choctaw mother for identifying as "black" instead of biracial. When I've mentioned her, I've been accused of not wanting to be black---an equally ignorant charge. People should be able to be what they are and claim it proudly.

Best Answer

So nice to hear the voice of reason on this subject, thank you.

Best Answer

Agreed

Best Answer

Hey dude it's not cool, my dad is American but he is half Italian, and my mom is also American but she is half spaniard. I happen to know exactly what my heritage is so shut up just cuz you aren't like that doesn't mean you have a right to complain about it -.-'

Best Answer

Actually, I am like that but I don't get ridiculous and start splitting it up. I think where you are born is what you should damn well call yourself, not get into the fact your great great grandfather was half Yeti or something.

Best Answer

Well I won't do that cuz I'm proud of who and what I am. It's just really a matter of opinion whether someone should simply say American. All my friends happen to think its a matter of heritage and I completely agree so seriously don't complain. Just ignore it

Best Answer

Not really: if someone is proud of their ancestry and wants to acknowledge the fact, then that seems to me a reasonable enough way to describe it. It's a little bit odd perhaps to do it where it has no contextual relevance, but if someone said they were half-Spanish in, say, the context of being bilingual (or not speaking the language) then that would be perfectly logical.

Best Answer

I don't see any problem with it. If you have a mixed ethnic background, then what are you supposed to say when someone asks you what your race is or where your family's from? I'm not a dead ringer for any of the well-known races, in that I have northern European features mixed with southern Mediterranean and Middle-Eastern features, so, when people ask where I'm from, or some other question meant to investigate why I look the way I do, I'll sometimes say, "Half Greek, with some Syrian." Otherwise, I've been misidentified as Mexican, east Indian, Native American, Iraqi, the list goes on.

Best Answer

nope; I find it interesting :-) It's nice to have different ethnicity

Best Answer

I thought that was only me lol

Best Answer

Nope , It's a matter of how many bloodlines are in ones family tree .mine include 7<br />
Vices of Chocolate and Alcohol are typical for a virgo and also Dutch traits .

Best Answer

Why not go back into the Human Evolutionary tree and call it 1/24 Homo Erectus, etc?

Best Answer

If you like I can go back even farther to ET Phone home .

Best Answer

Not if that's what they are.

Best Answer

How do they know and how do you work it out ?<br />
After all you only have 2 parents fo instance one german and one french making 50/50 but in reality you are from whatever country they are living in, and I dont think it actually counts where your 5 previous generations came from because you are what it says on your passport and or birth certificate. Nationality is a political border thing not a race thing.<br />
Also I notice its only Australians and US Americans who do this probably trying to find a cultural history for themselves, but as I said its 50/50, Americans be proud to be American and not of foreign import history yes we all have a history of mixing culture but in truth it don't matter

Best Answer

People probably don't feel like they have don't have enough of whatever to be considered mix, that it's just part of their roots. But I don't think people realize they are probably a part of a lot of things no matter how light or dark your skin color is. I believe there is European blood in me....just don't have the proof :D

Best Answer

Actually it is : 1/4 Italian, 1/4 Dutch, 1/4 Spanish, 1/4 British, then 100% American.<br />
I don't understand it more than I hate it!

Best Answer

I know there's no such thing as 1/4 Dutch. You have the passport or you don't.

Best Answer

Well, geneology is a fact, dear. We're all fractionally something! But mentioning it all the time, or using heritage as an excuse for bad behavior can certainly be annoying.

Best Answer

WHEN I FIRST HEARD SUCH ex<x>pressionS, I WOULD ASK, "WHICH PART OF YOU IS ENGLISH, YOUR ARM, OR YOUR LEG?"

Best Answer

Yep my face and torso are American my legs are Italian and my arms spaniar, so what

Best Answer

I don't 'hate' it but I do think it sounds like a desperate attempt to be more interesting than their personality entitles them to be.

Best Answer

I had a woman insist she was 1/5 Italian - I couldn't convice her the only way that could be true was if she had 5 grandparents.

Best Answer

I love it. People are proud that they are living proof of the tolerance and acceptance of American society...I am 25 percent Irish, 25 percent Italian, 12 1/2 percent German, 12 1/2 percent English, 12 1/2 percent Scot and 12 1/2 percent Cherokee....don't hate me.

Best Answer

Well, the only time that annoys me is when they are clearly white and don't show any signs of being mixed.

Best Answer

I tell people I'm a proud 100% American Mongrel. The only thing I'm sure of is a 100% Souix Grandmother.

Best Answer

There are probably other people out there that hate it...I'm not one of them though.

Best Answer