MyAlt MyAlt 31-35, F 14 Answers Jan 7, 2013 in Work

Eat tonnes of garlic and be a close talker.

Best Answer

Quit! Not worth the mental anguish 😆

Best Answer

give them updates before they ask, anticipate their demands, make them think that whatever you're doing was their own idea

Best Answer

micromanagers are actually one of the easiest types to manipulate and use to get ahead

Best Answer

Agreed, my answer is to be 3 steps ahead of them. Send them anything they might request before they request it, if you finish it, cc them a copy. If you do this well enough they will give up eventually. Continue for another 3 months or so after they give up a bit just to be sure, they will get the picture you know your ****.

Best Answer

And maybe if you can get everyone in the office to do the same, they'd get so sick of their swamped inbox that they'd be more careful what they wish for in future...

Best Answer

Just another tragic heavy machinery accident.

Best Answer

Good question. I dream of having an Equalizer, like robert McCall. It is even worse when it is a gang of four micromanagers. I try to keep out of their way, but they find a multitude of ways to complicate my life. There is no detail unremarked upon, or left to chance. To even access the workplace webmail I have to use a separate password. I went a year not reading the internal mail (with all the criticism that attends that) before I figured out they'd placed a block on my password. There is not a single resource I can use that doesn't have to pass through the hands of one of them, be seen to be given to me and removed from me when I have finished with it. So I have bought a lot of my own stuff. I have even had my personal belongings misappropriated and had to threaten action to get it back. So, I appreciate all the comments and the question too.

Best Answer

Jesus, why do you still work there?

Best Answer

Well, it is a situation where the workplace was a long cherished ideal, and still is. I am there for the children, not the managers. All I want is the freedom to do my job well according to my professional judgement.

Best Answer