DystopianSociety DystopianSociety 16-17, F 7 Answers Jul 2 in Parenting & Family

Bad as how? My siblings are just there

Best Answer

Bad as in it is distressing sharing the same house as them. To the point where sometimes I don't feel like coming home from college.

Best Answer

Oh ok. Yeah I ignore mine they ignore me.

Best Answer

Lots of people :) not me though

Best Answer

Did have. A terrible one. It didn't get resolved until early this year, so for the whole of our lives almost. They can be tricky, usually stems back to one being jealous of the other.

Best Answer

Wow I am really happy for you, if I could have one wish it would be for my relationship with my sibling to be resolved. I'm not entirely show what the root of the problem is, I mean when we do have our good moments he does show a caring & softer side but it's difficult to understand quite a lot of his behaviour.

Best Answer

Depends on his age too. If he's a teen it might pass. If he's older it might be jealousy, if he's younger it's hard to say. Also, to be honest I'm surprised it's your brother because generally brothers can be friends with sisters and feel quite protective. My problem was my sister, she was extremely jealous of me although I had no idea, I just thought I was wrong in everything I did until one day I realised that it was HER who was the problem and that I wasn't doing anything I could change. As soon as I realised that I felt great compassion for her and amazingly she changed towards me.

Best Answer

How bad is it?

Best Answer

Pretty bad, I mean we do have good times but they're short lived. Quite a lot of the time it's a lot of arguing, swearing name calling which is so distressing it has given me anxiety.

Best Answer

Damn, better find the source then.

Best Answer

If you consider I can't stand to be in the same room with him. Actually would prefer if I never ever had to see his ugly mug again then yeah!

Best Answer

I am getting to that point to be quite honest. It's very difficult because I'm bound by the ties of blood but the amount of hurt & distress he causes to nearly all my family really makes me wish the unthinkable which makes me even more upset. Thank you for sharing, it's nice to talk to someone whose in the same boat, very comforting :)

Best Answer

No bound by ties of blood! It means NOTHING! I was abused as a child as an adult I told my aunt, turns out she knew but didn't want to upset her sister by saying anything. So instead I was tortured! Where was the ties of blood to me? How about I was an innocent child. NOPE Family is not blood it is who loves you.

Best Answer

I am sorry to hear that, but I completely understand & agree with you but sometimes I feel it's such a shame to let go of someone who you share the same parents with.

Best Answer

in a good way

Best Answer

its dysfunctional.

Best Answer

Same here :)

Best Answer