Some researchers believe that by sleeping on your back you exert pressure to the back of your brain and blood pools up a little bit more in that rear side area of your brain. This happens to be the part of your brain that deals with vivid imagery and hence sleeping on ones back can cause more vivid dreams.

Best Answer

i see...interesting....

Best Answer

Omg yes! I usually sleep on my side but when I try to sleep on my back, I dream of scary things and I've been reading a lot of scary stories so I think it's evil spirits haunting me so I try to wake myself up so I can sleep on my sides :'( I think I'll try playing some calming music as I go to sleep to see if it works...

Best Answer

Well you might like this. Give it a listen.

http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/F-You-Immerse-Yourself-In-This-Your-Chakras-Will-Be-Grateful/5082656

There are also certain people who say that sleeping with your head facing North is bad because it can attract negative Earth forces to you as you sleep. I slept with my head facing North for years and when I read about this I decide to change it to having my head facing East and my feet west. Since then I have slept better. It might be coincidence or not, I'm not sure. Apparently head facing North is the worst position to sleep in and head facing East is the best and most peaceful. Try that out maybe, it can't do any harm. If you Google this you should find something to read about it.

Best Answer

Oh and interestingly I have also read some studies done on this in controlled laboratory environments and they say that it is possible that when we sleep on our backs then certain chemicals, due to gravity, flow to the part of the brain that delivers nightmares. The conclusion is, try not to sleep on your back. Good luck with having pleasant sleeps. :-)

Best Answer

I have exactly the same experience. So glad to hear it is not just me. I dream all the time no matter which position I sleep in but have found, without exception, that when I sleep on my back I have the most horrific, disturbing, vivid and upsetting nightmares where I wake up terrified to go back to sleep. The worst part is sometimes when I do manage to go back to sleep i go back into the same nightmare again. The dreams are so upsetting its gotten to the point where I've asked my boyfriend if he notices I've fallen asleep on my back to please wake me up.

Best Answer

That's one of the cool things about EP. It is possible to find people who have had similar experiences and can relate. I haven't ended up on my back for ages now, it's going well. I hope those vivid nightmares leave you alone.

Best Answer

Every night i sleep on my back i go into super dream mode... Lion Which and the Wardrobe Epic Type Dreams. Felt like i was in dream world for 48 hours last night but was only asleep for a few.... i have to wake up to take a break from dreaming, and in the morning i force myself back to sleep to get right back into the dreams. This comes with a pressure on the back left side of my hear, i believe they are related. I have become addicted to my dreams!

Best Answer

It sounds like you are having lucid dreams. Have fun, and I hope you find the answers that you seek.:-)
Thanks for your comment.

Best Answer

Yes, and I've had sleep paralysis before on my back. I always sleep on my side.

Best Answer

sleep paralysis ? wow .

Best Answer

Back, stomach, side, or on my head. They come when they come. I can't stop them, and try to learn from them.

Best Answer

jeez.... ok ty Ronald

Best Answer

Only when I think about a tiny spider falling into my mouth.<br />
AIDE!!! :0

Best Answer

:-) lol, would a big spider be less scary ?

Best Answer

OMG, yes! The wizmoos would grab my sides.

Best Answer

wizmoos.?..wizmoos....mmm...i'm still thinking about that...:-)

Best Answer

I have been noticing this occurring over the last few years. Had one last night and woke up in terror sat up on my bed. Had no idea this many people had the same thing - funny what happens when you search google! I normally sleep on my front which tends to reduce the chance of me ending on my back!

Best Answer

I go through sleep paralysis and very vivid dreams when I sleep on my back. I sleep on my side all the time usually but its been uncomfortable as of late (slee0ing on a futon mattress on the floor does that). Most of the time the dreams are quite terrifying but not immediately so. I'm glad I've found this isn't uncommon for people

Best Answer

Yes! I just had a nightmare that I have been having on and off for years and I rarly sleep on my back but every time I do I have this long intense, terrifying dream that physically feels so real. I always wake up after I enter into this room that I know is haunted but have been avoiding the whole time, but curiosity gets the best of me and I go and check it out and when I try to leave the room I am woken up by something pulling me so hard from my back back into the dark room and slamming the door shut. I wake up sweating and extremely terrified and it only happens on my back.

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply Andrew.

Best Answer

I cant stop them. They still come. Makes me sad and angry on my mind.

Best Answer