I don't actually dream anymore, not for many years. I always sleep on my side but when i end up on my back then i will have very scary or extremely sad nightmares which wake me up. What experiences do you have with nightmares ?
wraithorn wraithorn 41-45, M 13 Answers Nov 6, 2010

I have exactly the same experience. So glad to hear it is not just me. I dream all the time no matter which position I sleep in but have found, without exception, that when I sleep on my back I have the most horrific, disturbing, vivid and upsetting nightmares where I wake up terrified to go back to sleep. The worst part is sometimes when I do manage to go back to sleep i go back into the same nightmare again. The dreams are so upsetting its gotten to the point where I've asked my boyfriend if he notices I've fallen asleep on my back to please wake me up.

Best Answer

That's one of the cool things about EP. It is possible to find people who have had similar experiences and can relate. I haven't ended up on my back for ages now, it's going well. I hope those vivid nightmares leave you alone.

Best Answer

Every night i sleep on my back i go into super dream mode... Lion Which and the Wardrobe Epic Type Dreams. Felt like i was in dream world for 48 hours last night but was only asleep for a few.... i have to wake up to take a break from dreaming, and in the morning i force myself back to sleep to get right back into the dreams. This comes with a pressure on the back left side of my hear, i believe they are related. I have become addicted to my dreams!

Best Answer

It sounds like you are having lucid dreams. Have fun, and I hope you find the answers that you seek.:-)
Thanks for your comment.

Best Answer

Some researchers believe that by sleeping on your back you exert pressure to the back of your brain and blood pools up a little bit more in that rear side area of your brain. This happens to be the part of your brain that deals with vivid imagery and hence sleeping on ones back can cause more vivid dreams.

Best Answer

i see...interesting....

Best Answer

Yes, and I've had sleep paralysis before on my back. I always sleep on my side.

Best Answer

sleep paralysis ? wow .

Best Answer

Back, stomach, side, or on my head. They come when they come. I can't stop them, and try to learn from them.

Best Answer

jeez.... ok ty Ronald

Best Answer

Only when I think about a tiny spider falling into my mouth.<br />
AIDE!!! :0

Best Answer

:-) lol, would a big spider be less scary ?

Best Answer

OMG, yes! The wizmoos would grab my sides.

Best Answer

wizmoos.?..wizmoos....mmm...i'm still thinking about that...:-)

Best Answer

Yes! I just had a nightmare that I have been having on and off for years and I rarly sleep on my back but every time I do I have this long intense, terrifying dream that physically feels so real. I always wake up after I enter into this room that I know is haunted but have been avoiding the whole time, but curiosity gets the best of me and I go and check it out and when I try to leave the room I am woken up by something pulling me so hard from my back back into the dark room and slamming the door shut. I wake up sweating and extremely terrified and it only happens on my back.

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply Andrew.

Best Answer

I cant stop them. They still come. Makes me sad and angry on my mind.

Best Answer