My hair (on my head by the way..) is SO dry lately and it used to be so soft and thick. I am not sure what else to try...I've spent literally thousands of dollars trying to fix my mane and NOTHING is working. Helllppppp!
BeThinXsin BeThinXsin 22-25, F 8 Answers Apr 9 in Health

My hair, on my head, is thining and has been especially dry this winter. I wish I had the nerve to do to it what did to thar other group of unrully hairs and just shave it off every morning in the shower.

Best Answer

Yes I have trouble with my hair, the trouble I have is that I have non on my head lol x

Best Answer

Have you tried Moroccan Oil ?

Best Answer

I use it every other day after my shower and I also use it to style my hair occasionally.

Best Answer

OK. I thought that might help with the dryness. I'll have to think of something else!

Best Answer

A lack of fat in the diet will cause the skin to be dry, possibly that could affect the hair, I always have a little fatty food every other day or so or my scalp gets incredibly dry.

Best Answer

that would actually make sense...considering I rarely eat fattening foods....

Best Answer

That's what happened to me, I cut out so much fat not wanting to gain weight that my skin became really dry, once I started eating a little ice cream or something every other day I got enough fat to manufacture healthy skin oil. I was like a rusty hinge.

Best Answer

This had me cracking up.

Best Answer

Could be several things involved - Including reaction to seasonal climate, and possible thyroid problems.<br />
But until you're sure keep things simple. Try using a good hair repair treatment like Aubrey NuStyle Serum. In between shampooing use a couple drops of Rosemary and jojoba oil & work it through from scalp to your ends.<br />
Also check the water you use for showers and washing. Ph imbalance and heavy mineral content can whack your hair no matter what you do.

Best Answer

I had a really expensive water filtration system put in about 3 months ago..which has helped my skin immensely but I have not noticed a change in my hair.

Unfortunately, good call. I have suspected a thyroid problem..however, I have not had any struggle with my weight at all..which leads me to believe that if I did have a problem, it't fairly new or is minor.

Best Answer

Not a doctor, but I have friends with thyroid issues. Sometimes in early stages it can effect hair & skin before you notice weight change.
But what you said about your pregnancy & birth makes sense too. Worth looking into.

Best Answer

Try a tablespoon of cider vinegar in a cup of water, pour over for final rinse.

Best Answer

I actually drink apple cider vinegar ...every day haha! usually in about 6oz of water. NEVER thought to put it topical. What exactly does that do?

Best Answer

It is used as a conditioner helps bring out the oils in your hair. They say if it gets to oily use less. It also seems to make it fuller. I struggle to get a brush through my hair at times.

Best Answer

When I used Mane and Tail, I couldn't get a brush through my hair..it actually ruined my brush. However, it doesn't make my hair feel clean all of the time.
I will try the ACV thing.
Do you use apple cider vinegar with mother or without? (that's the pulp if you didn't know) :)

I take CoQ10, Hair nails and skin, vitamin E, i get vitamin B injections every month, and I wash very carefully...but after having my son....It's like he completely robbed my body of every nutrient that I even possessed/ingested!

Best Answer

I use just regular store bought stuff. Going through tough times need to be extremely economical.

Best Answer

I respect that!

Best Answer