I feel so bad for them. :/ And don't give me that bullshit about how they're being whiny or just trying to get attention.
Rennn Rennn 18-21, M 31 Answers Feb 10, 2013 in Health

A lot of people are very insensitive to selfharm and those who suffer from it. It's nice to see someone with enough soul to see the problem behind the scars and care enough to want to help, even if it's just through something as simple as a hug.

Best Answer

From the P.O.V of someone who used to self harm and still thinks about it, I would have loved and appreciated a simple gesture like a hug. So yes, I would do the same for others.

Best Answer

Yes I do. Some days those hugs actually help.

Best Answer

Not really, I wouldn't want to get blood on myself.

Best Answer

Yush

Best Answer

Yes I would love to give them a hug and let them cry their heart out until they can't anymore

Best Answer

Since I deal with emotionally detached people, I had to draw on my own strength to curb my self-harm. You never know what a kind gesture like a hug or believing in them does; it could probably change their life.

Best Answer

id rather stab them

Best Answer

Yeah it helps to have someone who cares I know I cut my hand up,and a hug would really make things much better.

Best Answer

Yes even guys

Best Answer

yes I do

Best Answer

I feel exactly the same !!

Best Answer

I want to hug everyone that I don't hate. Unfortunately it's a bit weird to randomly hug strangers.

Best Answer

I think at this point I'd hug anyone just to experience some personal human physical interaction.

Best Answer

Me too.

Best Answer

They are probably lost souls looking for the right path to take... Parents today have too much on their plates and many kids get affected w/ abandonment issues ! They aren't born that way! Be kinder to these people. They suffer in silence. When they're sick & tired of being sick & tired is when they may decide to change...

Best Answer

kinda

Best Answer

Right now, at this very moment, I'm trying to talk someone who swallowed a razor blade into going to the hospital and I'm freaking out!

Best Answer

If they're on EP, it sounds like an extra voice couldn't hurt. *hint*

Best Answer

It's tempting, but I wouldn't want to freak them out.

Best Answer

Nope. I'm not trying to enable people who do that.

They shouldn't be rewarded for it, they should be sent to inpatient.

Best Answer

Well, I'd hug them if they stopped as well. The cutting is simply an outward symptom of the emotional turmoil that I'd be attempting to help with.

Best Answer

If someone is self-harming, they need professional help. Not a hug.

Best Answer

I agree that they need professional help. I'd no doubt be pressuring them to see a therapist or something. But hugs can also be quite comforting.

Best Answer

Hugging does not enable cutters to cut. A hug is just a hug.
Buying razor blades making them readily available to a person that cuts... that's enabling.

Best Answer

no they will get blood on my shirt

Best Answer